• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides Liquid/Vial storage concern.

JSatyra

Greenlighter
I’ve had my vials in the coolest part of my house for approaching a year now. The temps in the room they are in are around 50 in the winter and 65 in summer. I have the option to use a fridge if I wanted but was always worried about condensation.

I’m sure the dropper and vial both will have condensation when taken out? When putting the dropper back in it’s wet with condensation, right?

Anyways, my question is, will they be okay in the room they are in for storage or will a fridge be absolutely necessary? Anyone with experience storing liquid

Liquid will degrade much faster than blotter, I'd keep it totally frozen if you don't plan to use it soon.
Do you think the yeah I’ve had it in the 50-65 degree room has degraded it any? I have blotter in that same room that’s from 2008-2012. Ate some last year, still great.

Does it make a difference that it’s in high proof grain alcohol?
Probably not, any moisture (even 20% water ) will cause it to degrade.. maybe a bit more stable that way. Could be good to prevent contamination. I've never heard of lsd sold in alcohol tho, did you or a friend make this ? I've seen rum used but just to improvise, don't think it's usually done this way

It should be ok but I’d advise refrigeration. Condensation isn’t an issue if you allow the vial to warm to room temperature before use.

I’ve learned over the years LSD isn’t as fragile as people think it is, mushrooms and DMT go bad a lot quicker.

-GC

I'd keep it in the freezer, yep. Also something to note, if you have one of those glass dropper bottles with the rubber squeeze bulb on the top, those rubber squeeze bulbs appear to be air permeable. I had a vial of 100 hits that I kept in my fridge (not freezer) for a long time. I noticed that the amount of liquid was gradually reducing. Forgot to move it to the freezer and I just checked, and the liquid is 100% gone. Apparently it gradually evaporated through the rubber top, or something. Because I never touched it or dosed from it once. Weirdly, there is also no residue of LSD crystal on the inside. It just seems to have disappeared. I read that the rubber tops are permeable. So that is something to consider for long term storage. In the freezer, there is no evaporation.

I'd keep it in the freezer, yep. Also something to note, if you have one of those glass dropper bottles with the rubber squeeze bulb on the top, those rubber squeeze bulbs appear to be air permeable. I had a vial of 100 hits that I kept in my fridge (not freezer) for a long time. I noticed that the amount of liquid was gradually reducing. Forgot to move it to the freezer and I just checked, and the liquid is 100% gone. Apparently it gradually evaporated through the rubber top, or something. Because I never touched it or dosed from it once. Weirdly, there is also no residue of LSD crystal on the inside. It just seems to have disappeared. I read that the rubber tops are permeable. So that is something to consider for long term storage. In the freezer, there is no evaporation.

You don’t have any wook roommates by chance? ;) I kid..

Interesting though, was this an alcohol or water solution? Fridges and freezers do dry the environment so it’s possible they desiccated the vials.

-GC

Nope, lol. I believe it was an alcohol solution, though since I never tried any, I'm not sure.

It's probably invisible, tread carefully :p

Probably not, any moisture (even 20% water ) will cause it to degrade.. maybe a bit more stable that way. Could be good to prevent contamination. I've never heard of lsd sold in alcohol tho, did you or a friend make this ? I've seen rum used but just to improvise, don't think it's usually done this way
Yes, my dear friend who has xtal made me 7 vials in high proof grain alcohol.

Last edited:
It should be ok but I’d advise refrigeration. Condensation isn’t an issue if you allow the vial to warm to room temperature before use.

I’ve learned over the years LSD isn’t as fragile as people think it is, mushrooms and DMT go bad a lot quicker.

-GC
Thank you! I figured the temps of my room were not hot enough to cause degradation but was generally wondering if xtal suspended in liquid would hold up better if I made the switch to the fridge. Do you think they lost any potency in the year I had them in the room??

-GC
Thank you! I figured the temps of my room were not hot enough to cause degradation but was generally wondering if xtal suspended in liquid would hold up better if I made the switch to the fridge. Do you think they lost any potency in the year I had them in the room??