• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Liquid in a GelCap?

TheChief

Greenlighter
Is there any way to fill a gelcap with liquid to get the precision of liquid dosing along with the ease of a pill? I was thinking maybe dissolve the substance in a solvent like isopropanol, add to oil (like olive oil), evap solvent, use liquid dosing and add to capsules. This could minimize loss because your aren't weighing the powder each time and then transferring to a pill and it would be super easy to do.

Yes you can fill your caps with liquid for dosing straight away - I'm not sure if they would last very long so making a bunch for use later may not be an option. Use an eye dropper, pipette or syringe etc to fill the cap.

(moved from homeless)

I was watching a video on a system that fills pills with liquid and I believe they use some sort of oil because lipids won't dissolve gelatin. If this works it could be a very safe and effective way to dose, maybe even increasing bioavailability and decreasing onset time. I'll try to dig up some more info.

Anyone? I was think put some cornstarch in gel caps and drip a liquid solution onto them. But then the problem is getting the drug into such a highly concentrated solution.