• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Liquid Fentanyl Citrate IV 2,500 mcg 250 mL

Al Prazolam

Greenlighter
Liquid Fentanyl Citrate IV Bag Help

Hello all,

A friend of a cellist whom I regularly rehearse with has recently aquired a 250 mL bag of IV fentanyl citrate. It contains 2,500 mcg, 10mcg per mL of fentanyl citrate in sodium chloride 0.9%, in a 250 mL viaflex bag. Dispite my warnings about the dangers of fentanyl, my cellist's friend is deadset on using it. So, I asked him to hold off on trying it so I could do some research as to how to extract a small amount of fentanyl from the bag (it is an IV bag with two valves on the bottom, one of them has a cap over it) while keeping the rest of the solution inside the bag, what would be a good starting dose, best ROA, etc., and he agreed.

In an effort to recieve the best possible harm reduction advice, I will give as much background information about my cellist's friend which I believe to be relevant and important to the questions I seek answers to. My cellist's friend has NOT used fentanyl before; however, he is a regular opiate/opioid user with a relatively high tolerance. By regular user, I mean that he uses diacetylmorphine (heroin) daily, about a gram per day (it's black tar by the way), and random pharmaceutical opioids such as oxycodone, hydrocodone, hydromorphone, methadone , etc. This musician's preferred ROA for the heroin is smoking (vaporizing), and he's never IV'ed before with no intentions to ever do so, so he would like to explore other methods of administration if possible, such as insufflation or vaporization. All of this information I have just given begs the all-important, life-or-death question: what would be a precise-as-possible estimate of a decent starting/testing dose?

Furthermore, how can this opiated musician extract his test dose from the IV bag while leaving the rest of the liquid intact?

Please excuse the long post, I thought it better to give as much detailed information as possible so as to get directly to the answers I seek rather than answer questions without which you all cannote give accurate, safe, and educated advice. If I have left out any information which would prevent an accurate analysis and safe harm reduction advice, I would be happy to supply such information.

Please refrain from "schooling" me on the dangers of fentanyl, which I am very much aware of. I also understand that a gram of heroin (black tar) is hardly a good example of a person's opiate/opioid tolerance, as the amount of diacetylmorphine (and also 6-monoacetylmorphine, in the case of black tar) varies from batch to batch, and the average user doesn't have the means nor the desire to test the actual opiate content of each different batch.

Thank you in advance, from myself and my cellist's opiated friend, for taking the time to read my post, your careful and educated responses, and for sharing your knowledge. Sharing knowledge is a good thing, and I admire the people of this site for doing so.

A.P.

Mod note: Please re-edit the third person writing. We don't use "SWIM" or any other variants on this site.

Last edited by a moderator:
Furthermore, how can this opiated musician extract his test dose from the IV bag while leaving the rest of the liquid intact?

This type of membrane can usually be pierced multiple times. Use a sterile needle and a sterile syringe; disinfect the membrane (ethanol spray) before piercing it; withdraw desired amount; be careful.

I personally would freebase it. Then I would prepare it like Sherm...

I would then dissolve it in an ether/water mix...

I wish I had that much fentanyl at one time...

Fentanyl dip sticks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the information, guys. I like the idea of fentanyl dip sticks. However, I still need to know what a safe starting dose would be, based on the tolerance information that I included in my original post. Also, does anybody have any more ideas for ROA's, aside from IV or dipping? Thanks for your help!

Anything besides Iv, nasal, skin popping, muscle popping, and buccal, is going to waste a lot of fent.

My advise is to keep it just like it is and water line measured doses.

The starting dose for a intolerant opiate user would be about .1-.2 miligrams... Thats about 3 1/3mg of morphine IV

Anything besides Iv, nasal, skin popping, muscle popping, and buccal, is going to waste a lot of fent.

My advise is to keep it just like it is and water line measured doses.

The starting dose for a intolerant opiate user would be about .1-.2 miligrams... Thats about 3 1/3mg of
morphine IV

Thank you my friend, this is exactly the information I was looking for!

The starting dose for a intolerant opiate user would be about .1-.2 miligrams... Thats about 3 1/3mg of morphine IV
Maybe I'm missing something or just illiterate on this topic... How is 0.1-0.2 = 3.3? You said .1-.2 mg is about 3.3 mg... what am I missing? Or is it because the person is talking about fentanyl and you're talking about morphine?

A little bit of simple math, a syringe and knowledge of your tolerance will make the sky the limit with this. You need to be fully aware of your Opioid tolerance, as this is a potentially lethal amount of Fentanyl you're dealing with.

As far as alternate routes of administration, I'm going to suggest, as I always do in cases where users do not inject, rectal administration. Your drug is already neatly dissolved in saline, you just need to get your proper dose in a syringe and go. You will get the most bang for your buck with this method and in my experience, it's almost as good as injection in some cases.

Didn't realize this post was so old...