• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Lighter Problems and Fibromyalgia

Ambercatgoddess

Bluelighter
I honestly did not know where else to place this. But my fingers hurt an awful lot when pressure is applied to them. Typing can begin to hurt after a half hour or so. Lighters require a good deal of pressure to turn that wheel or click the clicker. Does anyone know of an easy trigger lighter? something for those of us with less than normal strength, please? My fingers hurt but I need the medicine as I call it it is so good for my pain problem. Thank you in advance if you can offer any help. I live in England.

I use a Bic lighter that I modify by removing the little metal strip from covering the center of the thumb wheel diameter. Once it's removed it's quite easy to flick, LOL!

Darn those child proof lighter safeties ;)

I use a Bic lighter that I modify by removing the little metal strip from covering the center of the thumb wheel diameter. Once it's removed it's quite easy to flick, LOL!

Darn those child proof lighter safeties ;)
I have tried that. I used to when I was a teenager remove the metal portion and amp up the flame lever until I basically created a huge flame for fun. As i grew older and my pain grew worse i tried what you suggested and it still hurts too much. Thank you for the suggestion though :)

I've bought real feather touch electronic ignition lighters on "those big web sites", but many of them are more expensive and need refilling. May be what you're looking for?

Good luck !

I've bought real feather touch electronic ignition lighters on "those big web sites", but many of them are more expensive and need refilling. May be what you're looking for?

Good luck !
Feather touch? Well that is a good key word to search for. Thanks!

I found some arthritis lighters and they seem to be a bit more for the sensitive and weaker hands. Which is promising 👻

I found some arthritis lighters and they seem to be a bit more for the sensitive and weaker hands. Which is promising 👻

Okay so hey, I've got a perfect solution for you but there's one caveat: it won't work for bongs/bowls. They'll light a joint/cigarette/blunt more quickly and more evenly than any open flame would, but it's damned impossible to spark a bowl with these:

Electric Lighter Google Search

I'll PM you an Amazon link to the one I've got.

I honestly did not know where else to place this. But my fingers hurt an awful lot when pressure is applied to them. Typing can begin to hurt after a half hour or so. Lighters require a good deal of pressure to turn that wheel or click the clicker. Does anyone know of an easy trigger lighter? something for those of us with less than normal strength, please? My fingers hurt but I need the medicine as I call it it is so good for my pain problem. Thank you in advance if you can offer any help. I live in England.
Light a candle 😊

Maybe you could buy enough to last a few months and have a friend pull the metal child proof off of them all at once. Ive done it before trying to pull the metal strap up directly and struggled but I just tried using this technique and it was quit easy I think you may even be able to do this yourself depending on how bad your hands are

Salutations Ambercatgoddess,

...my fingers hurt an awful lot when pressure is applied... ... Typing can begin to hurt after a half hour...

At that point it may be time to think about a switch to electro-magnetic Induction Heat. Too bad delivery methods still require serious fine-tuning, but at least a few ready-made IH drivers are there and the trend has a nice future awaiting ahead.

Good day, have fun!! ☮

I know for many people zippo lighters are easy to handle. But they hurt my fingers to use. My skin has been known to harden and split where i use it to light my pipe.

Those electric/plasma arc lighters I pm'd you? They have the easiest button to push. Sure, it's small, but there's almost no pressure involved. Flip the top, pop the button with a fingernail and you've got an electric light, like, right there.

I can't think of any open-flame or disposable lighters with an easier ignition. It's literally just a button, with next-to-no resistance. If your heart is set on a traditional lighter, though, then you're going to want to look for click-lighters. They're generally really cheap(ly made), but they get the job done without roughin' up your fingers. Something like

BIC_Classic_Electronic_Lighters_PDP.jpg

Those electric/plasma arc lighters I pm'd you? They have the easiest button to push. Sure, it's small, but there's almost no pressure involved. Flip the top, pop the button with a fingernail and you've got an electric light, like, right there.

I can't think of any open-flame or disposable lighters with an easier ignition. It's literally just a button, with next-to-no resistance. If your heart is set on a traditional lighter, though, then you're going to want to look for click-lighters. They're generally really cheap(ly made), but they get the job done without roughin' up your fingers. Something like

BIC_Classic_Electronic_Lighters_PDP.jpg

Bingo!