• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Life long opi use: can a person quit? Worth it? Two reports from India

Señor Moreno

Bluelighter
I've been reading these reports from India.
"A case of poppy tea dependence in an octogenarian lady" and " Tramadol maintenance treatment for and elderly ""doda"" (poppy husk) user"
Don't know why can't I link it, if you fancy you can google it.
So, it's about a lady and a gentleman, both 82 years old. They have been using for the last 60 years or so. She started taking opium for pain and then used pods tea, no remark of daily use.
He also used opium to help him at work, but his main thing was "poppy husk", wich he would just eat, didn't make tea, and was using 2 3 kgs month. No joke, indeed.
Neither of them ever used pharma opis, let alone heroin and both were in good shape for their age, but anyway supply was becoming hard to get and expensive and these two persons went to clinics looking for help.
Lady was firstly put on clonidine and other stuff to try and detox her from opioids, but felt into psicosis and was given buprenorphine.
Old dude was put on tramadol.
Both reports kind of claim a victory as they were stabilised on low doses, but fact is they have to keep taking opi meds.

Would another outcome had been posible in your opinion?
They were old, with 82 years in India, anywhere really, spending years on PAWS may have no point, but lets say they were in their 60s and with 45 years of dependence, do you think it would be factible to absolutely quit opiates? And would it worth it?

Know many people in Punjab that got dode doda is singular dode is what we call pods government shops gave it the fucking government fucked many elderly who tarted as teenagers and ibn their 70s and 80s nobad health effects from life time of doda use infact we belive it keeps blood sugar levels stable and I seen it work in a land where diabetes are high . My friend spent time in hospital was a taxi driver in Dartford had sugar level of 13 was worried about upcoming taxi medical we had every 3 years started taking dode and blood sugar went to 6 and 7 range

Is doda poppy tea? Interesting that it helped blood sugar! I did poppy seed/pod tea for a while and destroyed my stomach with it, it is absolutely no joke if you get good material. The quantity of seeds accidentally going into my system was just too much I think.
doda is pod tea we throw the seeds out and grind the dried poppy pod and brew it with tea we also follow it with really sweet cup of chai sugar make the buzz stronger

Yes, I was really sick with the withdrawals, they went on forever, and tea was not worth it. i think it is because there are so many alkaloids in the tea it is a more complex physical addiction. It really hurt me, and my stomach was really bad after that.
I came on here after my first heroin kick 13 years after starting would drink pod tea during work to keep wd away and heroin before and after . people were saying you be better within 7 to 10 days 14 days in still felt miserable and in pain did not even think it because of pod tea but after that I kicked just heroin and it easier then when I doing both . Since then quite a few people on here told me because of the different alkaloids in pods .

I reckon they should have just been left to get on with it.

It makes no sense to "cure" an addiction that isn't a problem.
For sure they should, but it became expensive and legally tricky, the reports said. The lady's family also complained about her needing to carry a shit ton of tea bottles whenever they had to travel, otherwise she refused to fucking move I guess.

Pod tea is a worse wd then heroin month before legs stop hurting and feeling like stone
Hey Yubacity!
You are so fucking right. Being young went to Morroco and quit h with pod tea reduction, they called it "hashasha". Stayed there for a month or so, happy as fuck, counting myself "clean", you know, I had beaten heroin, I was only having a dried flower tea, so I thought I was in the clear... oh boy, was I wrong.
Back in Spain I had to endure a never ending wd. I couldn't fucking believe how long and awful it was.

I can't prove it, but after the poppy tea phase I developed serious food allergies to casein, nuts and eggs. I became really unwell. I think the tea triggered it. I got very bad back and leg pain, a lot of nausea, the kick went on forever. I was in my 30s at the time. I would not want to kick it at their age. Its brutal.
After i quit both i found i could use heroin for 3 days and not have minor wds but 3 day in a row of pod tea would give me minor wd my hair went white on just pod tea wd once. I now cant have big meals without it causing nausea I would water wash down the dried up pods caused mad bloating your stomach issues are linked to tea I think same as me

Last edited:
Hey Yubacity!
You are so fucking right. Being young went to Morroco and quit h with pod tea reduction, they called it "hashasha". Stayed there for a month or so, happy as fuck, counting myself "clean", you know, I had beaten heroin, I was only having a dried flower tea, so I thought I was in the clear... oh boy, was I wrong.
Back in Spain I had to endure a never ending wd. I couldn't fucking believe how long and awful it was.
Exactly my brother how could dried up flower cause me any harm many a Punjabi had the same words my mate here said to me once his words [ phul ah caus ne huna] meaning its a flower nothing happen he had been using pods to stay energised for work and a sleep aid I told him its like heroin you will have a rattle. He did not have none of it said those words a year later he called me in tears nearly dip please you got those pills you said could help me if I get a wd. He meant pregabalin but because it a long wd you cant just do a quick pregab use and taper within 10 days like with heroin without developing a pregab habit like what happened to me .

One hundred percent yes can wuit
I've been reading these reports from India.
"A case of poppy tea dependence in an octogenarian lady" and " Tramadol maintenance treatment for and elderly ""doda"" (poppy husk) user"
Don't know why can't I link it, if you fancy you can google it.
So, it's about a lady and a gentleman, both 82 years old. They have been using for the last 60 years or so. She started taking opium for pain and then used pods tea, no remark of daily use.
He also used opium to help him at work, but his main thing was "poppy husk", wich he would just eat, didn't make tea, and was using 2 3 kgs month. No joke, indeed.
Neither of them ever used pharma opis, let alone heroin and both were in good shape for their age, but anyway supply was becoming hard to get and expensive and these two persons went to clinics looking for help.
Lady was firstly put on clonidine and other stuff to try and detox her from opioids, but felt into psicosis and was given buprenorphine.
Old dude was put on tramadol.
Both reports kind of claim a victory as they were stabilised on low doses, but fact is they have to keep taking opi meds.

Would another outcome had been posible in your opinion?
They were old, with 82 years in India, anywhere really, spending years on PAWS may have no point, but lets say they were in their 60s and with 45 years of dependence, do you think it would be factible to absolutely quit opiates? And would it worth it?

One hundred percent factly anyone can quit. The key is enough l acsrorbic acid. I did it on 1000mg off oxy, 300mg of methadone, 20 bags day heroin. That's how many times I did it flawlessly. But I had to start the vit c a few week ahead and stopped around when I started taking 80 grams vit c a day.

But now I have no paws since I didn't quit taking mega doses of vit c. Now I take daily between 10 to 30 grams a day space out 3 to 4 times a day and eat mostly raw fruits. My sleep is A+ and 0 paws. Mood is good and no runs in the bathroom.

One hundred percent factly anyone can quit. The key is enough l acsrorbic acid. I did it on 1000mg off oxy, 300mg of methadone, 20 bags day heroin. That's how many times I did it flawlessly. But I had to start the vit c a few week ahead and stopped around when I started taking 80 grams vit c a day.
Those are very serious doses indeed. But I am under the impression that time of use is an even more important factor to succesfully quit, that's why those reports had interested me. But noticed that they didn't quit using opis for good, they just quit doing illegal and natural opiates to be mantained on synthetic opioids. Those clinics claim to solve a medical problem when all they did was fixing a legal one.

Anyway, it's incredible that you were able to quit those montster habits, so inspiring to read for sure 👍