• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Life expectency of a one year heavy Ice user

rollmeister

Greenlighter
Hi everyone.

I am trying to gather information and foresee my brothers future and better prepare for it.
He had a work related injury well over 10 years ago and waited about 10 years for compensation.

During that time he took Oxycontin and drank over 1 litre of sugary iced coffees everyday and smoked cigarettes and sometimes pot all day long.

Then he finally got his compensation money. Bought a $40k ute which he busted in a car crash later on.

Now more the relevant part. He is about 43 years old now and spent between 50k to 150k on speed in about one year about 2-3 years ago. Had no bills, aside from the internet access and did not pay rent. Also got a disability pension whilst spending his compo money.

He snorted it daily and lost a lot of weight, which the sugary iced coffees brought on prior.
He now has meth psychosis and has some paranoid delusion about Christina Aguilera whom he is obsessed about constantly.

My drug crazy brother looks a lot worse for wear, no teeth and all gray which happened quickly after using ice for that year.

Now my question basically is....
I am trying to work out how much longer he might live.
From what I read 5 years is the typical life expectancy and am asking for feedback if this would apply to my brother, that is he may have 3 or so years left remaining if he stopped (as he claims) taking ice when he ran out of money one year or so ago.

Here is a photo he posted on social media, most of his face is hidden so I say it does not violate his privacy if you can ascertain from it his state of deterioration.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxXTyFrjwnY9QlNNVndvSTE1VWs/view?usp=sharing

Thank you for your time in reading my message.

Regards,
Rauli

Hi,
Life expectancy varies a lot for meth users and that five years is just some statistical quirk and applies for people who still use. If someone stops using he will have a lot longer life expectancy than that if he gets his health in condition.

Rauli is a quite common name here in Finland by the way. Do you have ancestors from here?

My parents are from Finland. I am actually living there now and will have to return once things get more complicated with my family and elderly mother, for whom my drug crazy brother causes a lot of problems.

He does not try fix his health. My brother smokes and drinks alcohol as much he can afford with his disability pension. All he does is smoke, drink and walk to the pub sometimes.

If he dies, then its greatly simplifies taking care of my mother. This is why I ask and also allows me to remain here as I have not finished travelling and all in Europe.

Kiitos kun vastasit.

-Rauli