• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Librium/Chlordiazepoxide*Questions*

pbear14

Greenlighter
Does anyone know anything anout Librium/Chlordiazepoxide? I am just curious if there is any recreational value to it. In other words.....does anybody enjoy the high that they get off of Librium/Chlordiazepoxide? Is it at all enjoyable? I personally enjoy Valium A LOT along with Ativan and Xanax! Does Librium have any comparison when it comes to recreational value compared to benzos such as Valium (My favorite) Or Xanax? So in a nut shell...lol. Is Librium worth my time? I know it is used to treat alcoholics whe they are going through the DT's.......BUt I really don't know all that much about it. Please give me some advise on this stuff before I end up flushing it all. If it is anything like Valium, than OMG I am in love. lol, but if not than ummmm, I have no idea. lol. Thanks in advance ;)

Does anyone know anything anout Librium/Chlordiazepoxide? I am just curious if there is any recreational value to it. In other words.....does anybody enjoy the high that they get off of Librium/Chlordiazepoxide? Is it at all enjoyable? I personally enjoy Valium A LOT along with Ativan and Xanax! Does Librium have any comparison when it comes to recreational value compared to benzos such as Valium (My favorite) Or Xanax? So in a nut shell...lol. Is Librium worth my time? I know it is used to treat alcoholics whe they are going through the DT's.......BUt I really don't know all that much about it. Please give me some advise on this stuff before I end up flushing it all. If it is anything like Valium, than OMG I am in love. lol, but if not than ummmm, I have no idea. lol. Thanks in advance ;)

i would compare it to valium more than any other benzo.. since i believe (someone correct me if im wrong) they both metabolize to nordiazepam.

Edit: its desmethyldiazepam that it metabolizes into.. i was wrong.

actually they're both right. just double checked.. so yeah compare it to valium.

Ok, so a 25mg librium is in comparison to a 10mg Valium in what way? About the same? Or is a 25mg Librium way more of a dose?

This is a pretty basic drug inquiry, so I'll go ahead and move it to BDD.

I haven't tried Librium before, so I won't guess what the effects are like.

I'd say chlordiazepoxide is one of the weaker benzos, for sure. I don't find it gives anywhere near the satisfaction of diazepam... It's not worthless though, they're great to relax a bit IMO.

Ok so I went over that benzo chart. It was pretty self explanitory. But I still have a question. lol. You see, the other day a friend of mine gave me quite a few Valiums along with a lot more Chlordiazepoxide /Librium. Noe even though I read theat chart, I am still curious about one thing.....................If I took 2 Libriums, would that be the same as me taking 2 Valiums? I have a pretty high tolerence with Valiums and taking 4 of them is something that I do quite often. But I think it would feel quite odd taking 8 libriums...if you catch my drift. But in your opinion, do you think that eight of them would produce the same effect.
And the fact that 10mg Valium is equal to .5 Xanax. I mean just last night I took like 8 Xanax, thinking it still wasn't even in comparison to 3 Valiums. lol. So thank you for providing that Benzo Chart for me :)

8 25mg librium is 80mgs of valium.

Very simple math.

It is very simple math. It's just the mg #'s are so different, I would rather ask "dumb" questions now than regret not asking later. know what I mean... I am also new to the love for benzo's. I use to not understand why people enjoyed them so much because all they did to me wa knock me out. But eversince I tried Valium I have fallen in love...

Welcome to this world.
A welcome with warning foretold down the road.

But hey, I'd do the Valium for the high, then used the Librium after you run out of benzos to get off, if you do plan on using them that long.

Welcome to this world.
A welcome with warning foretold down the road.

But hey, I'd do the Valium for the high, then used the Librium after you run out of benzos to get off, if you do plan on using them that long.

Thank you and that was exactly my thought. Considering my riend only had the librium to help detox her from Valiums. Her & I both thought it was quite ironic, but after reading through this board and all the forum postings, I am learning a lot.;)

Hello @
pbear14

I've always been curious about why drugs (such as Benzos) affect people differently. It's negotiable. Even I'm planning to make a new thread in order to ask my questions relevant to Benzos. Here is a link that displays a list of various Benzos from weakest to strongest:

https://www.addictioncampuses.com/benzodiazepines/strong-to-weak/

Many of my friends prefer Xanax over other Benzos because Xanax is known as high-potency, mostly-abused and available in any country/pharmacy. Librium and Valium are low potency with a very long half-life. Strong benzos might give u a buzz or even get u high (if you haven't built a tolerance) but will put u to sleep even at low doses and that's exactly what i dislike about Strong Benzos. So I choose Valium and Librium. 5mg of Valium or 20mg of Librium would be enough to potentiate the effects of opium, to make me more relaxed.

With a tolerance Valium sucks. It wears off faster than Xanax and is low potency

With a tolerance people prefer Klonopin anXanax and Ativan. They all have different effects because they effect different sub receptors.

Don't revive old threads please though if you have a Benzodiazepine question just ask me. I am the resident Benzo expert 💩😎😎😎

Don't revive old threads please though if you have a Benzodiazepine question just ask me. I am the resident Benzo expert 💩😎😎😎
Would be nice of you. I have too many Benzo-related questions to ask but your time might be too short to answer them all so.. Let me start off by asking this:

For someone with little or no benzo tolerance, Can Librium be a good opiate enhancer? Xanax or Valium seem too strong for me and often and put me to sleep even at low doses. Let me say, I look for "calmness". I hate day-time sleepiness. Specially during a hardworking day.

Seems like I should start a new thread to discuss various methods of stay up while being high on sedatives/depressants.

Mixing them is always dangerous, however you could try 10-15mg, that is quite a low dose, if you can't stay awake on that your either overdoing the opioids, or the combo just isn't for you

(Again, its a dangerous combo unless your RX'ed both or have a high tolerance to both and don't overdue it

Feel free to ask any Benzodiazepine questions you may have, pick the top 2 if you like :)

Would be nice of you. I have too many Benzo-related questions to ask but your time might be too short to answer them all so.. Let me start off by asking this:

For someone with little or no benzo tolerance, Can Librium be a good opiate enhancer? Xanax or Valium seem too strong for me and often and put me to sleep even at low doses. Let me say, I look for "calmness". I hate day-time sleepiness. Specially during a hardworking day.

Seems like I should start a new thread to discuss various methods of stay up while being high on sedatives/depressants.

Just quoting

It's a pretty mild feeling benzo and very functional. Here in the UK they use it in hospitals to detox you from alcohol or to treat alcohol withdrawal.
They come in tiny doses (5mg and 10mg capsules) but a standard dose is 25mg (the equivalent of 10mg Diazepam or 0.5mg Alprazolam), with 50mg being the more common dose for those with a tolerance or suffering alcohol or benzo withdrawal*

*sometimes this is still not enough, though. The last time I was detoxed from alcohol in the hospital - as well as 50mg of Chlordiazapoxide every 2 hours - they also had to give me 2.5mg Lorazepam and 1.5mg Haloperidol every 4 hours.....I actually spent the first 72 hours in a Phenobarbital coma because they just couldn't stop the seizures.