• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Lexapro side effects

DrugsInc

Greenlighter
Hello, I just started taking lexapro 10mg yesterday, and I take adderall xr 20mg daily for almost 5 months, and focalin 10mg in the afternoon. I have been having severe side effects from lexapro, including vomiting,nausea, diarrhea,sweating, tiredness(even on adderall), tremendous drop in sex drive.I had to leave work early today and could barely drive because of the nausea and vomiting.I don't want to continue taking lexapro if it works like this everyday, and I am going to increase my lexapro dose to 20mg in a week, which may cause even worse effects. Do these side effects go away over time? thank you.

The tiredness and GI effects often attenuate with time. Of course a dose increase may see a resumption of them. The sexual side effects can persist.

I remember having really bad diarrhea when i first started Lexapro. I almost had an "accident" my 2nd day taking it...but it went away. With time, you should find that the benefits of the medication outweigh problems related to side effects.

Don't wait. Call your doctor. That's his job, to figure out what's going on.