L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Lexapro and ADHD messing with my sexuality

betterdays4all

Greenlighter
I definitely have looked and functioned healthier on Lexapro my last year of law school and my last job which was summer internship in pretty big place, but haven't had success in my job search since because I may come off overly confident or aggressive (hint at bipolar disorder), but when I treated myself for Bipolar and not ADHD, I noticed very little relief and felt like I was functioning at 10% mentally. Lost my ex-gf and never went back to ADHD meds and that's exactly what I needed to get re-focused for this bar exam.

I failed twice before, first time on Adderall XR 25 mg with Lexapro 10 mg and the second time with Adderall IR 10 mg and Lexapro 10 mg/Klonopin 2 mg and scored better second time but think klonopin is what hurt me and suppressed all my emotions (or helped me make better decisions, but i'd like to think benzo didn't work well) hence why we broke up.

I was on Dexedrine Spansules at one point alone which was perfect, but not for studying purposes just ADHD. I'm going to try to quit Lexapro 10 mg again because I think there is a personable aspect I get back off of Lexapro and I got a toxic broken home I live in that is preventing me from moving out on my own basically.

Any suggestions? Only thing that I find odd is I find myself questioning my sexuality on lexapro constantly yet I've only slept with women throughout my life, but it could all be circumstantial since I finished class in 2015 and been trying to pass the bar exam on meds ever since.

Lexapro I understand is an SSRI. SSRIs are known to inhibit libido. Is that what you are asking about?
Or you asking why you failed the bar exam?
Sorry about your home environment that must be hard.
Think how far you have come and that you only need to work a little harder to make the exams.
As for your sex life, that will sort itself out eventually.

I doubt lexapro turned you bisexual. If your bisexual you can stop it all you like but you'll still be bisexual. I doubt the kpin caused your relationship to end. And I doubt the passing or failing of a bar exam is legitimate guage of if your meds are working. And I think how you study, how often, and what you study plays the largest role not any psych med. I take Adderall everyday I bet I could get a 0 on that exam.

I noticed you said treated yourself do you not have access to healthcare? Bipolar is much more then feeling confident or agressive. Mike Tyson bit someone's ear off that doesn't make him bipolar

I doubt lexapro turned you bisexual. If your bisexual you can stop it all you like but you'll still be bisexual. I doubt the kpin caused your relationship to end. And I doubt the passing or failing of a bar exam is legitimate guage of if your meds are working. And I think how you study, how often, and what you study plays the largest role not any psych med. I take Adderall everyday I bet I could get a 0 on that exam.

That's very true you can't change your sexuality.

Original poster, are you actually diagnosed as having a type of bipolar or manic disorder, or do you just think you might be bipolar and are taking medications?

Talk to a doctor, and therapist and find our if you really are bipolar and have ADHD, and tell them about the medications and any other drugs you use. You will not get into legal trouble for doing this. Good luck.