View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Letting go of fear of Bad Trips

Jr9280

Greenlighter
Hello all, just looking for a little advice. Ill provide a little backstory...I started experimenting with psychedelics about a year ago, my first time I experienced an ego death that has opened me up to my spirituality and has made me a better person, but has also made me more prone to anxiety, due to thinking too much. I have had several great, insightful, and beautiful trips that leave me in euphoric states for months, and also some bad trips, i wouldnt say bad, but very uncomfortable, where i would think way too much and get lost in my head. These usually leave me in a generally bad state where my place in life seems unsure, and motivation seems to lack in places where it thrived before. Ive come to the conclusion that I have biplolar disorder, Ive always had symptoms of it, i am just much more aware of it now, and very much aware of myself when i get into the negative state of bipolar. I have become very spiritual and interested in the psychedelic world, however i feel that the fear of a negative reaction to tripping, or the fear that i will think too much and get lost again, is holding me back from the insightful experiences. I feel that when i was tripping to have fun i always had good trips but when i started tripping in searh of spiritual insightment, is when the bad trips started happening. Just wondering what i can do to ensure a positive trip, or if i even should experiment with psychedelics anymore? Thanks for your help!

The first and best thing to try is to take a long break from psychedelics. With time away, your anxiety will subside and eventually you will feel ready to trip again.