• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Letter to MHRA about nootropics?

DocFrancis

Greenlighter
Hello!!

I am thinking of writing a letter to the HMRA about nootropics and the legality of them due to the Psychoactive Substance Bill 2016.

I want to address the issue that they should be classed a medicine and regulated for use either on the NHS or as an unscheduled substance as I feel that the majority of them have noootropic properties and are beneficial to the general population or people who are suffering from cognitive issues such as ADHD who have tried conventional medication and does not work or does not seek NHS or private healthcare due to the stigma.

What are your thoughts on such a letter?

It'll probably not be considered lol, but it's worth a try. They probably don't care...

If a considerable amount of citizens were to write in on this specific issue it would help. You could also start a petition, this on top of getting people to write letters. You could post on nootropics forums where citizens from your country frequent and encourage people to start doing this. It will at least make some noise and possibly be considered.

Doesn't sound like there is much logic involved in the banning of pretty much everything psychoactive. They don't sound like they are even interested in how anything works, just keeping people from ingesting anything remotely mind altering. The thing is, people are typically afraid of things that they don't understand but prohibition removes any capacity people have to actively learn about or research various chemicals. Its willful ignorance.