• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Let’s chat about the atheist religion.

Atheism is NOT A RELIGION! It is the lack of one.
Indeed, but Wolfgang Pauli finds a hole:
Well, our friend Dirac, too, has a religion, and its guiding principle is "God does not exist and Dirac is His prophet."
Whether people have certain metaphysical beliefs and whether they consider those beliefs to be religious seems to be a function of much more than the beliefs themselves.

By that logic, how do you know which people in prison are "claiming to be religious" vs. not? Your point here invalidates your previous point.

There's not much point in talking to you. Your logic is flawed yet you want to be right. No room for discussion really.

Cheers.

Actually, I want to be proven wrong. That way I learn something new and that is quite a gift. If I am right, I gain nothing.

There's not much point in talking to you. Your logic is flawed as you want to be right, and give me your attribute.

Regards
DL

Indeed, but Wolfgang Pauli finds a hole:
Well, our friend Dirac, too, has a religion, and its guiding principle is "God does not exist and Dirac is His prophet."
Whether people have certain metaphysical beliefs and whether they consider those beliefs to be religious seems to be a function of much more than the beliefs themselves.

A good quote.

You are also correct in your last. Conditioning/brainwashing/indoctrination, culture and tradition are the most important contributors. IMO.

Since following an ideology is a prerequisite of religion, atheism can be considered a religion, since atheists draws on philosophical ideologies to guide ideas, behaviors, and actions, like that of any religion. That is why atheist churches are called atheist churches.

Regards
DL

Actually, I want to be proven wrong. That way I learn something new and that is quite a gift. If I am right, I gain nothing.

There's not much point in talking to you. Your logic is flawed as you want to be right, and give me your attribute.

Regards
DL

My logic isn't flawed and I have no desire to be party to your echo chamber. You're being ridiculous and no amount of gaslighting me will change that.

Take care.

I don't think that a person's morality relates to whether they believe in god or not. I think moral people are moral people. They are born and raised that way.

There are plenty of atheists who were psycho killers (Hitler, Stalin), just like there were plenty of religious people who maimed and killed lots of people (the Spanish Inquisition, the Taliban, etc.)

I find the moral spectrum quite irrelevant to spiritual beliefs.
To be blunt, I don't even fathom what a belief is. When I was a young boy, I saw demons walking about my house so I automatically knew they were there, but I never once saw God or an angel helping me

Should I believe they exist? If I did then that'd mean I believed they were there the whole time I was being robbed of my security

I don't though. Instead, I think God is rotten. He's there but doesn't exist; since He's immortal. What would a mortal think? Nothing

That's what I think, nothing. I'm an atheist :)