• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Less effect for valium 20 mg starter

Blakstik

Greenlighter
I have taken valium 20 mg. I am a first time taker.
Initially I took 10 mg . I felt nothing even after 40 minutes besides a mild buzz. So, I took another 10 mg. After 15 or 20 minutes I started to feel sleepy . I slept for 10 hours, (not a deep sleep). Woke up 6 or 7 times in my sleep. I have read that 20 mg is a high dose for starters , keeps them asleep for 2 days. If it is true? Why it has less effect on me?
I have to mention here that I have slight depression (almost for 7 years), though I haven't had any official diagnosis.

20 mg diazepam isn't that high of a dose and normally doesn't knock you out for 2 days straight, even with no tolerance, besides for some people the duration of action of diazepam is really short due to fast redistribution from the brain to other parts of the body, especially fat cells iirc.

What's your goal? Benzos aren't really recreational for most people.

my guess too, 20 mg ain't that high a dose to knock out a lot of folks. Hypnotically speaking Diazepam isn't the best either imo. It lacks a punch out effect. But my goal when using a benzo is 90% of the time sleep induction. So that kinda ruled that benzo out. And because Diazepam lingers so long after awakening. It's main drawback that duration. I seriously was impaired 24 hours plus after a dose of 30 mg.

The effects of 0.5 mg Alprazolam or 1 mg Etizolam, were faster acting but relatively equal as sedatives. But that is my personal take on their effects.

I just want to sleep for a good amount of time.. like almost 12hours straight