• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Length of withdrawal?

Aeleo

Greenlighter
So I was on super high doses of kratom (only extract full bottle) every 4 hours for 2 years. I planned to quit this spring. only I had to be a stupid ass and get some real drugs first just to say bye right? fuck me. anyway I got some and used them for about 5 days not constant then threw them out.

at some point after that I said fuck it I'm tired of being hooked on opioids and decided to get off.

I had Suboxone laying around for the day I decided to quit, so I started with 2 mg (last time I was in rehab a 5 day sub taper helped tremendously). 2 mg didn't do shit after an hour so I take another 2mg...2 hours later another....another till eventually it took about 20 mg of subs just to keep me out of withdrawals.

I stayed there just for the first day kinda freaked out at the amount i had to take. The next day went to 16, stayed there for 2 days. then 8 for 2 days etc...tapering down to 2

all and all I was on the Suboxone for 10 days, before the jump

im now just beginning day 7 with no drugs and withdrawals are still pretty shitty. Ive heard that Suboxone withdrawals can last weeks but that can't be if you only used for 10 days right? I hope not

Day 3 was hell. then day for and five were a bit better. Then day six was hell again. Ive never experienced this.

Also I've taken the following during this withdrawal that maybe are creating problems...both once daily at midnight

Kratom immodium
day 1
day 2 2 grams leaf 10 mg
day 3 1.5 grams leaf 8 mg
day 4 1 gram leaf 8 mg
day 5 1 gram leaf 6 mg
day 6 1 gram leaf 6 mg
day 7

obviously I've been through this shit before but usually by day 6 or 7 your in the clear.

Do you guys think being on subs for that 10 days caused withdrawals to be much longer than usual?

Or should I not be using minuscule amounts of kratom to sleep?

Or is immodium something that actually fucks with the process?

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated, im really just praying to God that this doesn't drag on and on

But I had to be a stupid fuck and decided to have a little fun with some real drugs before quitting, so I bought some oxytocin's, tested it for fent, and had a great weekend. Threw the rest away and planned on getting my kratom usage balanced out for a month or so before quitting. Only then 2 days after my last dose of the obviously pressed oxy, I went into strange and

How much in terms of extracts were you using where a handful of milligrams of suboxone didn't help 🤯

I would drop the kratom asap. At 1g doses it doesn't activate opioid receptors much, but probably does a handful of other things that aren't helpful and extends the process needlessly.

Those kratom extracts can be pretty strong, this is kind of uncharted territory since most people can't afford an extract habit.

I take regular kratom, 20-40 grams a day, and my withdrawals can last up to 5-6 days. It's possible these extracts are rich in specific alkaloids that have longer half lives.

Yeah 1 gram isn't gonna do much, if you're at that dosage you may as well just jump off

Maybe it was precipitated withdrawal, bupe might do that if the amount of extract you took was big enough for to deliver a reasonable amount of 7-HO mitragynine which is a full agonist instead of the partial agonist activity of mitragynine.

I'd recommend pregabalin, it suppresses withdrawal even when having a tolerance to its euphoric effects. Might be the easiest to get and when you only use temporary you won't get dependent on it.

Btw, do you guys really get more effects out of more kratom? Even with extract it has a pretty low ceiling to me, the equivalent of more than 10g doesn't add anything :(

Hey @Aeleo :) There are a few important things to consider for you here. First, please note that all of these drugs, Mitragynine (Kratom), Loperamide (Immodium) and Buprenorphine (Suboxone) are all Opioids. They all share a degree of cross-tolerance. As Opioids, these drugs can definitely effect the course of your withdrawal syndrome. Please read up about the Kindling Effect. I feel like I've been talking Every successive withdrawal syndrome will be more inense than the last ane the dependence will be acquired much more quickly as well.

Taking Opioids while in withdrawal is tempting as hell, naturally, but taking Opioids during withdrawal can disproportionately effect the length and severity of it. By continuing to introduce Opioids into your system, I feel that you are doing more harm than good. My best advice would be tp not take any Opioids aside from a little bit of Loperamide to control diarrhea. Everytime you're taking these things, you're effectively adding more time to the clock.

It took me months to develop a true Heroin dependency and withdrawal. These days, if I used for 3-4 days straight, I would basically have a full-blown dependence and withdrawal syndrome to go with it. Take my experiene ans use it as an analogy and I think you will understand why continuing to use Opioids is counterproductive.

Post-Acute Withdrawal Syndrome is a thing with all Opioids, not just the long-lasting ones. There is typically a period of between 72-96 hours in which the most severe symptoms will pass, but this acute phase is often followed by a long, lingering syndrome of a more mild degree. You basically have to accept that there is going to be some disomfort in this process. The good news is, that as you start to feel better, a little bit each day, that feeling becomes your fuel for starting the next one. It's not as if you only get the prize if you make it to the very end. Your efforts will be rewarded as you do positive things for yourself.

Would you consider using alternative drugs to help you get through the inital withdrawal? I believe you mentioned Clonidine (Catapres), which is great, but myself and many others swear by the Gabapentinoids for mitigating withdrawal. Gabapentinoids include the eponymous Gabapentin (Neurontin), Pregabalin (Lyrica) and Phenibut among others. They're basically a panacea. They help with many different symptoms, althouigh of course, they're not for everybody. I also have to recommend Cannabis for sleep, nausea and so on.

I know tihs is a lot on information, so feel free to hit me up directly if you have any questions that we hven't covered. Good luck and know that myself and everyone here who is worth a damn have gneuine empathy for you and your struggle.

Hey @Aeleo :) There are a few important things to consider for you here. First, please note that all of these drugs, Mitragynine (Kratom), Loperamide (Immodium) and Buprenorphine (Suboxone) are all Opioids. They all share a degree of cross-tolerance. As Opioids, these drugs can definitely effect the course of your withdrawal syndrome. Please read up about the Kindling Effect. I feel like I've been talking Every successive withdrawal syndrome will be more inense than the last ane the dependence will be acquired much more quickly as well.

Taking Opioids while in withdrawal is tempting as hell, naturally, but taking Opioids during withdrawal can disproportionately effect the length and severity of it. By continuing to introduce Opioids into your system, I feel that you are doing more harm than good. My best advice would be tp not take any Opioids aside from a little bit of Loperamide to control diarrhea. Everytime you're taking these things, you're effectively adding more time to the clock.

It took me months to develop a true Heroin dependency and withdrawal. These days, if I used for 3-4 days straight, I would basically have a full-blown dependence and withdrawal syndrome to go with it. Take my experiene ans use it as an analogy and I think you will understand why continuing to use Opioids is counterproductive.

Post-Acute Withdrawal Syndrome is a thing with all Opioids, not just the long-lasting ones. There is typically a period of between 72-96 hours in which the most severe symptoms will pass, but this acute phase is often followed by a long, lingering syndrome of a more mild degree. You basically have to accept that there is going to be some disomfort in this process. The good news is, that as you start to feel better, a little bit each day, that feeling becomes your fuel for starting the next one. It's not as if you only get the prize if you make it to the very end. Your efforts will be rewarded as you do positive things for yourself.

Would you consider using alternative drugs to help you get through the inital withdrawal? I believe you mentioned Clonidine (Catapres), which is great, but myself and many others swear by the Gabapentinoids for mitigating withdrawal. Gabapentinoids include the eponymous Gabapentin (Neurontin), Pregabalin (Lyrica) and Phenibut among others. They're basically a panacea. They help with many different symptoms, althouigh of course, they're not for everybody. I also have to recommend Cannabis for sleep, nausea and so on.

I know tihs is a lot on information, so feel free to hit me up directly if you have any questions that we hven't covered. Good luck and know that myself and everyone here who is worth a damn have gneuine empathy for you and your struggle.
is this how it usually is with gabapentinoids as well? Months of daily use and legit dependency being needed for kindling to develop?

The more you focus on it by doing things like going on drug forums and thinking of nothing but, the longer it lasts.
I don't think you know what you took or for how long at this point. It's unlikely but possible that if you were using sketchy kratom it had something like a tramadol analog in it. Your kratom usage was absurd, that's gotta be like $100 a day of extracts.

I have wd from a lot of different stuff and for ME , it's always 3 weeks of no sleep. But I get very obsessive with it. If you do get better sooner, great. If you are truly done, it doesn't matter how long it takes. It will get at least a little better every 3 days. That's the best anyone can tell you without extensive study of your biochemistry and particular use.

Do you want to be done forever or not?

I felt quite shitty for a week after a multi year and heavy Kratom habit. Another week was still shitty but not that bad. After that came a long period of minor PAWS, mainly lethargy, anhedonia and insomnia. Overall, Kratom WDs were only a minor issue compared to my recent morphine withdrawal hell.

12mg of loperamide per day helped A LOT with Kratom withdrawal. I always took 6 capsules of Immodium in the morning and could feel the withdrawal get better within a few hours.