• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Lemon slice in the bag to keep buds fresh

purplehaze147

Bluelighter
My weed always gets dry & brittle after a few days. I keep it in a Ziploc bag in my safe. I got some really nice og kush right now. I dont want it to get to dry & lose weight, it was already kinda dry when I bought, so I just stuck a slice of lemon in the bag.

Is this a good idea? I think I heard of it before. Do I need to worry about my weed getting moldy? Is my bud going to smell too lemony?

I personally wouldn't do it, but if I did I'd be extremely cautious with mold especially if it's sitting out in the light / warmth. Peels vs the slice might be better since there's less moisture but there's still a chance it will mold.

^ Yea, I think I remember it was a lemon peel now not a lemon slice. Thanks for jogging my memory.

^ listen to DGT. I always keep my bud in a jar and it stays dank forever that way. Just be sure to burp that bitch occasionally.

Really? I thought it'd get more dry in a jar since there's more air but maybe I'll try that. The lemon worked good. The weeds back to normal dryness.

Last edited:
Glass keeps all the air, smell & moisture in, nothing leaks out through glass, unlike thin plastic bags. You can buy small jars if you only have a small bit of weed. Dark amber glass is better to protect it from light too. Remember to open the jar occasionally, especially if the weed is a bit fresh & don't put wet buds in a jar, otherwise it'll get mouldy. A sealed glass jar in a cool dark place is about as good as you can get for short/medium term storage, up to a few months.

I don't usually do that. I've had weed stay fresh for months on end, even if it was relatively dry in the first place.
IME the best thing to do is to seal it as airtight as possible in a sandwich baggie or 2, put that inside a pill bottle, and that inside a glass jar....like a turduckhen.

It really really should not be getting dry after just a couple days. Keep it in a glass jar. It should keep for months, especially if you don't open the jar 12 times a day.

I keep mine in a jar as well, my problem though is that I seem to often forget to close the lid, so it ends up getting dry anyways >.>
I've used a lightly moistened paper towel to add some moisture to dry buds, but dont leave it in there too long.

If you add too much moisture it becomes less potent, IME.

I sometimes put single servings in bags and then put them into the air-tight cookie jar

Just adding to revived dead thread.... No issue of only a small amount is added and kept from touching the bud or allowing moisture to collect letting mold grow. Tortilla you can add for the same reason less carefully as it won't lead to molding so it can touch the bud. Lemons and stuff also affect taste where tortilla don't

My go-to trick for re-moistening bud is lettuce. I've never gotten mold, and it has absolutely no taste, not to mention it works like a charm. Just lay it in a plastic ziplock bag so that the surface of the lettuce is in contact with lots of bud.

glass or any other material so long as it seals air tight.

Boveda humidipak 62%, google is your frand, frand.