• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Lemborxant (Dayvigo) for long term insomnia solution?

drewbocop

Bluelighter
Yo, probably a long shot, but I've recently come across a new (to me) drug being used for treatment of insomnia/inducing sleepiness and I've been intrigued by some study results I've read.

I've struggled with bouts of insomnia most my life, but in recent years and under higher stress and a terrible work schedule I've been really struggling to stay asleep for more than a few hours at a time and sometimes I have true insomnia for a week or more. I've tried most non-narcotic solutions, breathing techniques, meditation, and improving sleep habits. You name it, I've tried it with my psychiatrist. I do take gabapentin for treatment of nerve damage in my neck and it does help. I also have baclofen and tizanidine on hand. I have had some degree of success but tolerance and overuse make it... not great. I cannot take benzodiazepines or Z-drugs because I have a history of abuse and I've been clean (and sober) from that stuff for years.

Anyways, I'd like to know if anyone has been using this drug for long term treatment of insomnia. It is apparently Schedule IV in the US but I am unfamiliar with the drug family it's in. (Dayvigo contains the active drug lemborexant, which belongs to a class of drugs called dual orexin receptor antagonists (DORAs).

In the study, the results they posted were as follows:
For all sleep parameters, the significant benefits observed with LEM5 (5mg) and LEM10 (10mg) versus placebo over six months were maintained at twelve months in subjects who received twelve continuous months of treatment. There was no evidence of rebound insomnia or withdrawal in either lemborexant group following treatment discontinuation. Over twelve months of lemborexant treatment, most TEAEs were mild/moderate; the most common TEAEs were nasopharyngitis, somnolence and headache.

Any time I hear of a drug that actually works and is scheduled and they're claiming there is no withdrawal syndrome I am skeptical. So if anyone has been using this drug I would love to hear your experiences with it.

Link to study

Thanks!

Last edited: