• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Legit

poledriver

Bluelighter
This comedy on FXX with Australian comedian Jim Jefferies has just been canceled (apparently), so no third season so I read.

Was anyone else into this show and surprised by this move by fxx?

I loved the show and was very surprised to read today that is has been canned.

:(

Damn. I watched all but the last episode of the first season on Netflix Instant (was saving the last ep.). I thought it was pretty damn funny, with a fair share of heart. That's surprising, especially since the "Curb Your Enthusiasm"/"Louie" comedian-lead's-embellished-real-life format is really in style. Is FXX having money problems? I just wonder since I remember when they moved "It's always Sunny ..." over to it I thought it was a dumb move since I didn't think many cable providers carried the network. If so, it might be because the show's target demographic isn't well represented by the audience FXX is reaching. If it does well in DVD/Blueray sales maybe Comedy Central, an online network, or something will pick it up

Start threads in other forums and mention it's on Instant. If the online fan base makes a big stink online, and people who weren't aware become aware and spike the Instant views, it might convince other networks that it's got more $erios potential.

Last edited:
i just got done binge-watching the first two seasons and thought it was brilliant: sad; happy; dark; hilariously funny; and acutely observed. loved the characters.

sad to hear there will be no more.

alasdair

Yeah, I follow Jim on FB and twitter and he confirmed it. He made a joke or two about it saying well that was an ending at least, probably not the ending I wonted but that's it. I don't think he gave any explanation on why they canceled it, but there were (and is) thousands and thousands of people posting how much of a shame it is that it's not re-newed and what a silly and strange decision it was by fxx.

Jim is still doing stand up and I wouldn't be surprised if something else comes up for the show, or a new version of it or something.

Maybe there was too much swearing? Maybe fxx is having money issues, i really don't know.

Holy shit! How have I never heard of this before?? Funny as fuck. Thanks PD.

"Only stupid people get a gun. Smart people are too depressed to have a gun. Have you ever seen a cheery scientist or professor? Smart people know what's going on in the world... You could get a gun"

Brilliant :D

Actually, no, not thanks - YOU BASTARD! How dare you hold out like tht. You should share ALL the awesome shows here so the rest of us know about them :!

Haha, no worries, yeah I was surprised when I came on to post about it being cancelled that there was no thread for it.

At least there was 2 seasons. Also his stand up shows are great if you havent seen them- There is one on youtube also where some pissed off person in the crowd jumps on the stage and tries to fight him, check that out too lol.

Stand-up comedy DVDs[edit]

Contraband – (5000 limited editions) Released: 10 November 2008 (UK Home Video)

I Swear to God – Broadcast: 16 May 2009; Released: 13 October 2009 (US Home Video)

Alcoholocaust – Released: 8 November 2010 (Comedy Central UK DVD)

Fully Functional - Release: October 2012

Having been first exposed to Jefferies in season 1 of this show, watching his "Alcoholocaust" stand-up special is entertaining despite the fact that it covered a lot of the same ground. You get more details behind the story of taking his friend with severe MS to a hooker, and he expands on how the West's "dream big" ethos sets us up for misery, for instance. I was slightly surprise by how aggressive he was ideologically, but then again he's not drunk on his show. I'll have to keep an eye on him.