• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Legals - A guide to research chemicals - an animation by Michael Linnell

clubcard

Bluelighter

The UK is seeing a plague of synthetic drugs that share some properties with cannabis. The problem is that while cannabis is a selective CB2 agonist (CB2 receptors are mostly in the brain), these synthetics are not selective thus their effects are much more pronounced and unpredictable. We are only beginning to learn the risks.
I would also like to point out that I have seen dozens of GC-MS & NMR results from these synthetics. As well as expected impurities, dimers, trimers & polymers are apparent in almost every sample. Now, these compounds have a much high MW and a much higher melting-point & boiling-point. That means that when you smoke them, instead of being vapourized, they are pyrolyzed producing a number of chemicals that are known carcinogens. Time will tell us just how this story ends but it is expected that their will be a spike in cancers associated with these synthetics. Just because they are technically legal does not mean that they are safe.
It isn't for me to tell you how to live your life, I just think it's reasonable for people to know the risks. I will finish by noting that my concerns were ignored. As long as the product looked like a clean white powder, the trader was happy to sell it on. I presume that almost everyone trading in these compounds either doesn't know or doesn't care.

When stupid people take stupid drugs, stupid shit happens.

And I'm no less stupid than anyone else...

This is hardly typical. I’ve been involved in the RC scene for a while now, and if a person does their research it’s not difficult to find a reputable source.

Your presumption is kind of fear-mongering. Especially nowadays when the increased “heat” on the scene has caused more and more safeguards to be enacted by the vendors and customers.

yes i have been trying to fince a source for rc benzos for year`s~!!!!!!!!!!

This is hardly typical. I’ve been involved in the RC scene for a while now, and if a person does their research it’s not difficult to find a reputable source.

Your presumption is kind of fear-mongering. Especially nowadays when the increased “heat” on the scene has caused more and more safeguards to be enacted by the vendors and customers.

It's not presumption - it's working for Lifeline Publications for 10 years and possessing a PhD in medicinal chemistry. I've SEEN the fallout. Out of interest, how many GC-MSs have YOU looked at?

It's not presumption - it's working for Lifeline Publications for 10 years and possessing a PhD in medicinal chemistry. I've SEEN the fallout. Out of interest, how many GC-MSs have YOU looked at?
You’re joking right? PLENTY. It’s called being a responsible user and practicing harm reduction, utilizing the cheap services for drug identification. Not to mention to numerous CoA’s I’ve seen as well.

You said “I presume” and went on to decide that most involved in the sale of these chemicals don’t care beyond it benign a white powder. This is simply false. We all know about the disasters that HAVE occurred. But you don’t seem to realize just how big of a trade this is, and that you don’t have access to all the information.

You’re joking right? PLENTY. It’s called being a responsible user and practicing harm reduction, utilizing the cheap services for drug identification. Not to mention to numerous CoA’s I’ve seen as well.

You said “I presume” and went on to decide that most involved in the sale of these chemicals don’t care beyond it benign a white powder. This is simply false. We all know about the disasters that HAVE occurred. But you don’t seem to realize just how big of a trade this is, and that you don’t have access to all the information.

Well no, I don't have access to all of the information. I certainly do have vastly MORE access to the information than YOU do.

Do you even know what a dimer is, for example? Have you worked for a HR agency and had to deal with 100s of people who have been damaged by these compounds? No.

Either you are someone selling these compounds or your are an idiot... or both. I was VERY clear about the activity of the drugs, of the impurities and of the unknowns. All you have done is assert I am wrong without the slightest trace of information.

Grow up, son.

The UK is seeing a plague of synthetic drugs that share some properties with cannabis. The problem is that while cannabis is a selective CB2 agonist (CB2 receptors are mostly in the brain), these synthetics are not selective thus their effects are much more pronounced and unpredictable. We are only beginning to learn the risks.
I would also like to point out that I have seen dozens of GC-MS & NMR results from these synthetics. As well as expected impurities, dimers, trimers & polymers are apparent in almost every sample. Now, these compounds have a much high MW and a much higher melting-point & boiling-point. That means that when you smoke them, instead of being vapourized, they are pyrolyzed producing a number of chemicals that are known carcinogens. Time will tell us just how this story ends but it is expected that their will be a spike in cancers associated with these synthetics. Just because they are technically legal does not mean that they are safe.
It isn't for me to tell you how to live your life, I just think it's reasonable for people to know the risks. I will finish by noting that my concerns were ignored. As long as the product looked like a clean white powder, the trader was happy to sell it on. I presume that almost everyone trading in these compounds either doesn't know or doesn't care.

Are you talking specifically about the synthetic cannabinoids or RCs in general?

This post seems to be a scaremongering attempt against RCs. There are plenty of high-quality RCs out there, as well as plenty of shit-quality. Know your source, have testing reagents, and if at all possible, send a sample in to a lab. I've begun doing this. I'm mostly only into psychedelics, but I have discovered that all but one thing I have tested has been high-quality, as represented, verified via GC/MS. Of course, I know my sources and use trusted ones. In fact my one substance that is impure is some escaline I got from a dodgy Chinese email vendor years ago, his other stuff actually tested high-quality, but that escaline I won't use.

If you're talking specifically about the staggering assortment of RC cannabinoids, then I pretty much agree, people shouldn't be messing around with all that stuff. A bunch of them are really dangerous even if they're pure. Also be super careful with the stimulants, there have been a lot of cases of those being misrepresented or very impure. However it is patently false that all of them are poor quality. Again, know your source and test things.

Also, condescension is really unnecessary and doesn't help you prove any points.