• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Legal Question about a Methadaone Clinic

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as my common sense tells me, they cannot have a camera in the bathroom. They can have a nurse in there with you, or an observation window for a nurse to use in an adjoining room, some even have mirrors above the toilet to help the nurses get a better view. But I just cannot imagine that a camera would be legal. That being said, in my experiences, these clinics are always on their own fucking program and they rarely give a shit about their patients. At a clinic in CO three years ago, they had a male nurse watch me pee even though I asked for a female (I am a female). After doing some research, I discovered that he was a sex offender with many sex offense convictions. So long story short can they have a camera, I definitely don't think so. Do they give a shit? Probably not.

I went to a methadone clinic only once in my life for a period of 2-3 months. I got UA'ed 2-3 times in that period and am pretty sure the lady would hand you your cup, have you walk in, then watch from a video camera that was pointed at your back if you were standing up to piss.

Didn't seem ridiculous to me, I mean it prevents people from tampering with their results.

Yes they can. U sign an agreement to abide by the rules and submit to their policies..Sometimes that means a camera in the bathroom. I've been in two clinics and both had them. Still easy enough to cheat it if you want to but that's on you and speaks to how much you truly want to actually follow through with treatment plans and clinics in general

Can a methadone clinic have a camera in the bathroom? Is that legal? Isn't it invasion of privacy? :sus:
That's crazy. I can't imagine it's legal for any public restroom to have a camera. I live in Los Angeles, CA. I go to methadone clinic and I've never heard of anything like that. There are privacy laws that are supposed to protect us from that kind of thing.

I've been to two methadone clinics here in Australia, and yes, both had cameras in the bathroom used specifically and exclusively for drug tests.

I never worried about it personally but it's obviously legal here.

Provided the cameras aren't recording, I don't see a problem really. Well, except that there doesn't seem to be any rules here about the gender of the nurses watching. But since they've always been female and I'm female it never much cared. But it's strange that there aren't rules about that.

There are if you get arrested, when I got arrested it was a male cop and we both had to wait around for half an hour for a female officer to search me and have me submit to a drug test.

As far as my common sense tells me, they cannot have a camera in the bathroom. They can have a nurse in there with you, or an observation window for a nurse to use in an adjoining room, some even have mirrors above the toilet to help the nurses get a better view. But I just cannot imagine that a camera would be legal. That being said, in my experiences, these clinics are always on their own fucking program and they rarely give a shit about their patients. At a clinic in CO three years ago, they had a male nurse watch me pee even though I asked for a female (I am a female). After doing some research, I discovered that he was a sex offender with many sex offense convictions. So long story short can they have a camera, I definitely don't think so. Do they give a shit? Probably not.

I'm not sure if most methadone clinics in the US are privately owned and operated but the one I go to is most definitely privately owned.
I imagine they're strictly regulated but not in all areas. I'm just guessing but privately owned methadone clinics must be a goldmine. The one I go to is seriously understaffed, doesn't have a regular m.d. full time just a medical assistant chick and the few counsellors on staff make minimum wage.
Not to mention it's kind of a shit hole.
It's pretty sad.

Hey Missy, I understand that you're new to the forum, but that's not a solid excuse for not reading the forum guidelines when creating a post. We are not a "one-stop-shop" for all things drugs. We are here for Harm Reduction. If people make the decision to use drugs, we are here to help keep them safe. That is our primary mission and in principle, it's all we should be about. Given the fact that there are people who could quite literally die due to their issues, it's irresponsible to put your query ahead of theirs, given that it has no real bearing on your health or the health of anyone else.

I'm going to give you a break though dude, this once. You fill out a lot of paperwork when you join a clinic. Much like an Apple User Agreement, I'm sure that there's a lot that you skimmed over. I can be almost certain that you signed a piece of paper that gave them consent for observed collections. It's well within their right to request that per the Drug Enforcement Administration.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with observing you over a camera. The alternative is to have some dude stare at your dick for 30 seconds. Which do you prefer? I'm an addict myself and I'm quite familiar with the etiquette and protocol of the system. If you're getting an observed urinalysis and you have problems with your privacy, I would suggest not getting involved with Methadone.

Check your records, see what you have signed. but be aware, the Methadone clinics make the rules and it's nearly impossible to make them budge,

Be honest man. If everything was good, you wouldn't care about being observed. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the whole message of this post is "I want to fuck with my drug test, but the administration is too controlling"

I don't think that's entirely fair. Lots of people would have an issue with that.

If there were a suggestion about this being about breaking the rules that would be one thing but all I see is a question if if it's legal. Which is probably a bad way to phrase the question since legal questions are also not allowed on bluelight but I see nothing wrong with asking about others experiences. So long as it's not with any suggestion about how to cheat the system which I haven't seen yet.

I see nothing wrong with asking what others experiences have been with this. Nothing about that inherently relates to how to cheat.

And while lots of us including myself are likely to have already experienced lots of privacy invasions related to being arrested or drug treatment or incarceration, there are drug users who wouldn't have experienced any of that when they first seek treatment and for them they might well not be used to having so little privacy.

In that case they should definitely read up on what all they agreed to, signed, etc., like Keif said. Running some searches online about the place couldn't hurt, talking to fellow patients... Employees of the clinic can answer questions as well, I'm sure, aside from the obvious no-no's.

Anyways, I believe Kief is very likely correct in assuming that the camera worry has little to do with someone potentially seeing his dick, number 150 that week. Starting to all run together in one big dick blur here at MMT.

The counselor always followed me in so he could hold my dick while I was filling. Now That's weird especially when he starts playing with it when you are done! Each time it got harder and harder to give a sample. I had to transfer. I just can't be queer it is not in my genetics.

Status
Not open for further replies.