• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

lefetamine - Patent in English

clubcard

Bluelighter
Hi,
Does anyone know where there is an English language version of the patent concerning lefetamine? I've managed to dig out a German version but my language skills are very poor. The synthesis is of no interest, it's the resolution of the isomers that interests me.

Many thanks,
CC

Can you post a link or DOI to the paper? I'm not a native speaker by any means, but between my high school German and experience translating a few old German patents and journal articles I could probably do a reasonable imitation of a translation.

This is kind of silly, but I can't find a German patent document with that number. The German patent search gives me nada.

Serendipity struck though, and it seems to me that the British patent of the same number could be what you want? Looks like a pyrovalerone-type synthesis and there's nothing about resolving the compounds.

https://patents.google.com/patent/GB807835A/en (cites the DE patent as priority???)

I've got a bsc in chemistry and am native german speaker, so maybe I can roughly translate it, if it is not too big a job. :)

Take a look at GB863180. It has two different resolutions, one with d-camphor sulfonic acid, and one with dibenzoyl-(d)-tartaric acid. Alternatively they first resolve 1,2-diphenylethylamine and after that methylate it.

Take a look at GB863180. It has two different resolutions, one with d-camphor sulfonic acid, and one with dibenzoyl-(d)-tartaric acid. Alternatively they first resolve 1,2-diphenylethylamine and after that methylate it.

Many thanks for that.

I recall studies in which the B aromatic has a m or p phenolic group added. The results were antagonists. Many moons ago I sampled chiral lefetamine and it wasn't bad. I am simply interested in how the enthiomers can be resolved with a view to resolving ephenidine. I've taken a quick look at the racemization of related compounds and they all seem to rely on Raney Nickel. I would be happy just to oxidize the produce to phenylbenzyl ketone that can be recycled in the next batch to undergo reductive amination.