• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin Leaving heroin in a needle to use later

nhilisticcboi

Greenlighter
Hey guys, so quite a few years ago I remember someone telling me that if you left heroin in a needle to use later it would slowly turn back into morphine or something along those lines, I'm wondering if anyone knows this to be true at all? I've tried googling it but in this day and age google never gives you answers

Hey guys, so quite a few years ago I remember someone telling me that if you left heroin in a needle to use later it would slowly turn back into morphine or something along those lines, I'm wondering if anyone knows this to be true at all? I've tried googling it but in this day and age google never gives you answers
Yes, h in solution, will eventually turn into morphine and MAMs. How fast depends on how concentrated the solution is, how acidic the solution is, and how cool the solution is kept. A dilute solution at room, temperature will lose most of its h after several days ime.

If you’re just setting it aside for use later that day or the next day, that’s okay. And put it in the fridge in the meantime.

I use to leave for work at 6:00am and my girl didn’t wake up till 9:00-10:00 and I use to leave her a shot in the rig so she could skin pop it when she woke up and it was never a problem,it held her till I got home around 4:00,,,,,that was in the 80’s when we both just got started and she didn’t even know how to hit herself yet..

Itll prob turn into morphine and 6-Monoacetylmorphine (6-MAM) like the others said. But if its black tar be careful ik someone who had it grow like bacteria or something because black tar H is kinda like plant matter still like its still kinda has the poppy sap in there ....

I use to leave for work at 6:00am and my girl didn’t wake up till 9:00-10:00 and I use to leave her a shot in the rig so she could skin pop it when she woke up and it was never a problem,it held her till I got home around 4:00,,,,,that was in the 80’s when we both just got started and she didn’t even know how to hit herself yet..
Why are you skin popping on purpose?

My understanding has always been that it will revert from Diacetylmorphine to Morphine if it's in a solution that's not preserved properly. I'm not sure what they use in the hospitals, if it's a Ph issue or if they use actual preservatives.

The above link is an article I found on science direct that states pretty explicitly that this does occur. You sometimes have to use the right keywords to find this sort of stuff. The scientists use a lot of jargon that can be difficult to figure out. I'm not a chemist, but I do know that solutions can be both Aqueous and Organic. An Aqueous solution means it's based on water, which of course can be any number of a million different solutions in this world. Organic usually implies the use of an Organic Solvent like Ether and such.

In short, your solution is aqueous, so this article would apply to you. I doubt that the change happens very rapidly, though I'm willing to bet it's something that will happen within 24 hours... unfortunately there isn't anything about that in this article so this estimate is pulled from out of left field. At any rate, it's still gonna be Morphine, so not a huge loss.

The conversion rate takes months to YEARS (IIRC) for heroin in stasis to degrade to a morphine value. And probably other items. Just off the top or my head. I read something on this (probably Erowid) years ago.

The main concern would be that of any bacteria present in the solution multiplying. Therefore storing it in the fridge until use as already mentioned by someone above is advisable. Also don't leave it sitting for days. I've prepped shots in advance before but always used them on the same day or next morning.

Why are you skin popping on purpose?
It was explained but somehow you missed it,,when I left to work I left my girls shot in the rig for her and because she couldn’t hit herself she would skin pop it,,,when I was around I’d hit her but she just couldn’t bring herself to hit herself until months later…

Itll prob turn into morphine and 6-Monoacetylmorphine (6-MAM) like the others said. But if its black tar be careful ik someone who had it grow like bacteria or something because black tar H is kinda like plant matter still like its still kinda has the poppy sap in there ....
BTH while brutal on the veins, does not have any unprocessed "poppy sap" left in the finished producto. It is brutal on veins because it has to be defatted by an acidic pH agent (vinegar) to retain the morphine from the opium during the heating cycles.
I wouldn't recommend leaving it for longer than a day or so especially in high ambient temperaturas.
I wouldn't be surprised to learn that someone had a bacterial agentes in the syringe - non sterile practices y BTH go hand in hand. (i.e.) Breathing on the brown & red soft producto to make it turn black and sticky. Waking back across the border from Tijuana to San Ysidro y Diego with the piece (25g) keystered, then retrieved from such a dark place, and having the package in your unwashed hands. Holding bigger chunks with a dirty hand to cut into smaller pieces with scissors or whatever. Sure, heating the cooker might kill some or most of the potential bacteria that was transferred to the product thus far, but maybe not. And, now for the million dollar question: how well does everyone practice sterile injections EVERY single time?
I'm talking about washing hands to the elbow and the injection site with clean water and fresh soap, using a station that's been sprayed and wiped clean or wiped with the multi purpose disinfectant wipes, use a new cooker every time like the exchange gives or a spoon that was washed and sanitized with bleach, isopropanol alcohol, and not contaminated in between doing so- or at least using an alcohol swab on it again each time before you place any producto in it. Sterile water /Distilled H20- I buy cases of BWFI 0.9% Sodium Chloride, 0.9%Benzyl Alcohol but it's not necessary to have a preservativo, only that it is: sterile water safe for injection. PBS is fine (Phosphate buffered Saline). Just make sure that you read the label- if it's a multiiple use vial, with a preservativo, you must refrigerate after you break the seal. Also shake the hell outta that vial to mix it up real good.
Amazon sells it, also i just got a deionizer and UV light water filtración y sterilization system to make my own cuz it's expensive to be buying it even in bulk. The exchange sometimes has the single use twist to break & use to mix up w/tus productos- pero nada siempre. So, safe water, [✓]
Now, BTH needs to be heated to mix. Once done, cool off a little, and then draw up with a new syringe y needle or fresh rig if you still use insulin spikes to fire a shot- regardless, new, 1 time use, draw from the sterile cottons, better yet, if you have moved indoors y became housebroken, draw up with the luer lok syringe and 23 to 27g needle, switch the needle for a new, luer lok inlet 25mm 0.2micron PTFE hydrophobic membrane disk, and slowly apply pressure to the plunger in a on n off pumping the brakes kinda motion to make that product filter through the hydroPHOBIC membrane (yes hydrophilic seems to make more sense no? Pero es not the same filtration and allows safe passage to the bed bugs that may be lurking. Regardless, hydrophobic membrane still will allow up to 1mL (1mL = 1CC) per 13mm, so you can get a fat .5G shot with say 80 units of water to pass through easily and without removing anything but the fillers, bacteria and other junk in your product. The reason for the pumping method, these welded plástico discs with the membrana interior, are not always up to the standard we expect, and I have had at least 5 out of every 100 break- either the threads let go or too much pressure from a fiending hand make these welded come unwelded in an muy sudden y explosivo way. Mess- Yep. Producto *ALMOST* ready to be medicine to my sickness? Yes. Medicine ruined? Well it's splashed all over the walls, and everything else in a 10 foot radius, so I'd say that's afirmativo, Si.
So go slow. If you have the $ buy the sterifit or whatever they called- the ones that snap over an everyday insulina rig- and you draw up through it- those are dope. but effin mucho dinero... need that $ for the habit built into a life over the last 4 decades.
If you used the PTFE hydrophobic discs, that was supposed to be pushed (pumped) into a luer slip female attachment or the next new rig with the plunger out - or something that you draw up from that's sterile.
This is the final part, producto complete into medicine! Yay, yo...
Get that into a rig (if it's not already) that you, or someone will use to fire up the medicine.

Next, if you have to tie off, use a new torniquete. The blue ones are like .03¢ a piece in packs of 25, 50, 100, 300 etc.

Swipe with an alcohol swab, hold the rig with the needle bevel up away from the skin, angle no mas than 25°, and slowly, enter toward the vein of choice, find that register- full and steady is better then fast and fleeting as that often means you are either through the other side or off to one edge of the vein, not inside it evenly, but not always - I have some that are just more "enthusiastic" than others, and they start with a flash and continue with a full register upon checking again for bsck pressure - now careful not to lose it, but it's importante to release the tourniquet before you push off. More so if you are tied off tight- but it's good practice to release because of the back pressure that could harm your vein, blow it out even- if you aren't tied tight, and it's not registering at all when you release, but it's back when you re tie- push off slowly and watch for bubbling under the skin anywhere above or below (more likely above) also above but off to one side or another. Obviously stop if that or anything else abnormal starts to happen. If not, and you finished pushing, release that thing asap, before you renove the needle from the injection site.
Discard the cheap syringe in a sharps container. Make one if you don't want to pay the $5 for one online, or the exchange doesn't have any.
Alternative ending: back to the medicine is ready to shoot.
It's not for now, or it's for someone else to use later.
No worries: This is the topic question after all.
If possible keep it between 49 and 68 degrees. Out of direct sunlight. Out of humid environments. A lunch bag with ice packs in a separate compartment will meet all of those condiciones.
Shake it up real good at least once every 6 hours. Don't leave it for much longer than 24-48 hours, not because of degradation (that is a process that literally takes years) but, because of the fact that despite best practices (which my long rant above was to essentially say/ask, how many people do it like that 100% without diverting ever, 100% of the time? I'm somewhere of a stickler and I can't say that I do- sheeeeit if i'm sick enough, i'm gonna use one of the community spoons in the gallery in back of the shop in TJ, use bottled water that I have drank from- or a friends, or water from a puddle on the side of the road like that one time in Hartford Connecticut in the 90s) point being garden variety germs- bacteria existe and often get in to our syringe of delight. More often than not. That's what our immune systems are for - and when that fails to get the job done, antibióticos. So the bottom line is: the bacteria that do make it into the mix, multiply over time. So, premix and saving for later, only advise to keep that shit to a minimum. Refrigerator = 36 to 40 degrees, which is fine if you have used a preservative (bacteriostatic water for injection as I mentioned in great detail above) must be. Sterile water - saline - used that to mix, keep it between 49 and 68. Trust me, I've got creditentials beyond what you can probably imagine from a lifetime career junkie. From the classrooms, to the fields, jungles, warehouses, and everywhere in between on 4 continents in 37 countries. Many without access to refrigeratation.
! uno mas experiencia para eso BTH : A mi amigo le gustaba guardar sus algodones. Los mantendría empapados en el BTH húmedo que sobró de la cuchara dentro de un viejo recipiente de metal para especias. Meses que valieron al menos antes de que los juntara todos y arreglar un tiro de ellos. También he hecho un trago del mismo contenedor. no hay problemas. Definitivamente no hay goma de mascar viva de semillas de amapola jajaja.
But that's ill-advised, and I wouldn't do that again knowing what I know now. This was 20 something years ago.

Okey blue ppls, gracias por Gracias por leer mi largo mensaje. Paz a todos y cuídense.
Siempre - EmJey