• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Leaving detox and need some help with insomnia PLEASE

Magic_Dragon

Bluelighter
I?ve been on methadone for 5 years at 50mg daily for MMT. Now I?ve detoxed for 21 days and I?m leaving tomorrow. (blind detox @ detox center in FL) I?m afraid they kinda fucked me over by giving me trazadone when I probably didn?t need it, I sware traz has some insomnia w/d even though they said it doesn?t. Now I have been up for 3 days with maybe 4 hours sleep. What should I do when I get home???

the only thing I know what to do is drink myself to sleep.

i apologize if this in the wrong spot or asked 100?s of times. I?m literally going crazy. I hear my name being whispered and see things that are not there. Body is soooo tired but my brain will not let me sleep!

Idk why my commas come up as question marks if it looks that way on your screen too......

Hi there. I'm in a very similar boat, been off suboxone for 18 days and I'm not sleeping. 5 days ago I had a nervous breakdown from sleep deprivation, hallucinating, thinking about hurting myself, my therapist told me to go to the ER. They gave mercy on me and prescribed me 10 1mg klonopins. They really helped get me through a very rough patch. It would be easier if you have a doc you can see, to go to the ER you have to say you're feeling suicidal and then legally they have to hold you, check you out. I was there for 6 fucking hours, but I did feel psychotic. Hang in there. Also the supplements dl-phenylalanine and l-tyrosine will help rebuild the dopamine that's all fucked off from the opioids.

I?ve been on methadone for 5 years at 50mg daily for MMT. Now I?ve detoxed for 21 days and I?m leaving tomorrow. (blind detox @ detox center in FL) I?m afraid they kinda fucked me over by giving me trazadone when I probably didn?t need it, I sware traz has some insomnia w/d even though they said it doesn?t. Now I have been up for 3 days with maybe 4 hours sleep. What should I do when I get home???

the only thing I know what to do is drink myself to sleep.

i apologize if this in the wrong spot or asked 100?s of times. I?m literally going crazy. I hear my name being whispered and see things that are not there. Body is soooo tired but my brain will not let me sleep!

Weed has really been helping me.... I don?t have insurance so DR?s are out of the option. I get about 1-2 hours of sleep after smoking a good amount. The last thing I need is to be addicted to benzo?s. I hate benzo?s with a passion and refuse to take them (for the most part) since they took my best friends life.

I'm 41, have been using for over 20 years and have detoxed more times than I can count. Yes the lack of sleep thing is hard, probably the number one reason I always relapse, if you can tuff it out you'll notice yourself feeling better with each new day. This may sound nuts but just try it... I started running after I got clean some years back. The exercise helped me with sleep. A few years ago I posted on this forum about the exact problem you're having. It was a bitch!!! Weed will help but ultimately I would suggest tiring yourself out and keeping your mind occupied... Easier said than done tho I know. Trust me if there's anyone on here who knows what your going through it's me. If you want to break free and keep from not having a full night's sleep for 48 days like I did once when I kicked in jail...tuff it out and you'll be ok. It's just your body getting itself back on track. Good luck

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I?ve read that exercise is key. It?s hard because I can barley get in and out of my car without panting like I ran a mile. But everyday is getting better you are right about that. I get random restlessness but no w/d. It?s pretty weird since I?ve not experienced restless legs without pain. Potassium is something I might try for the restlessness.

As you don't have insurance and can't get to a doctor, have you tried something like melatonin or just plain GABA? While those aren't as good as say zolpidem they might still help a little.

Plain old Benadryl has worked for me. And Hydroxizine, which I have been told is basically an amped-up benadryl, is a non-narcotic prescribed for sleep and anxiety.

Benadryl works for me. Also an amped-up antihistamine, Hydroxizine, is a prescribed non-narcotic for sleep and anxiety. In my experience, docs are good with it. Clonidine for high blood pressure, is used off-label for sleep and anxiety as well. Again, docs have prescribed it for me several times.