• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

LD Naltrexone works........it seems.

Chemgineer

Greenlighter
I've started ultra low dose naltrexone with my daily dose of suboxone.

I've been using probably about 1mg total today, not the 1mcg in the Uld naltrexone method. I took 16mg total but had water soon after 10 of those, only 4mg was taken properly.

I've a 21 year opiate habit, 6 on sub and am very pleased and impressed. Very.
I've been looking for a way to achieve even a small bit of the feeling bup offers in the opiate naive. Perhaps a small amount of that can be captured?

Im a believer that science has made us believe more than we do. This may be an example. Anyway perhaps the ceiling effect and more isn't as fixed and rigid as we believe.

At any rate what I feel is not placebo. Well it could be, but I don't believe it to be. I've got that insomnia that opiate intoxication brings and I've never had that on bup. Im feeling about as good as when I used to get," kinda well" to pardon the slang. Just barely feeling it, but substantially more than I have this last 6 years.

More to come.

Last edited:
You wanna know how much it works? It works so well that im going to shut the fuck up about it, so that a good thing doesn't get too hyped, like my pods gig in the late 90's did. Thought two crates of giganteum was gonna always be available. Or at least the craft store. Wasn't worried it would vanish. I didn't yap about it

But vanish it did and you know the rest. Happens all the time to us, and we make it so. Maybe ill change my mind.

Thank god for suboxone.

And maybe thank the other guy for this. ;).

Yup, shutin up about this one.

Are you taking it in the morning? I do LDN, and also am on subs. I take 3mg at night, then 2mg of bupe in the morning(nasal sprayer).

Before I started doing that, I had lost all noticeable effects from the bupe, now I can feel it in the morning.

AND, more importantly, since I have started LDN, taking a break from the bupe to dose something good is SOO much easier.(I don't wait 24 hours before dosing, I wait 3 days). 5 days before I plan on taking my DOC I will switch to .5mg bupe in the morning for 2 days, then stop. And I switch to 1mg of naltrexone at the same time, and stop at the same time. I get almost no withdrawals, like 2 nights of sweating and lethargy, and during the day when I use OTC comfort drugs it doesn't stop me from being productive. but nothing like what it used to be. The PAWS is still there though, which is why I can't stay off the subs even with minimal WDs. This has been working really well for me. It has made bupe vacations affordable, it used to be I would have to do 2x my DOC because of attentuation and tolerance, but now when I take a break I can get a nod from relatively little drug.

And before LDN I was taking Bupe the exact same way I am now, and the WDs would be terrible(even stepping off at .5) and would last until I dosed my DOC.

And I haven't tried this myself(but I think I might) but I gave a friend, who lives out of town, that was trying to quit oxy 2 nasal sprayers. The first nasal sprayer was just suboxone and delievered .5mg per spray, I told him to use 4 sprays in the morning until the bottle was empty.

The next nasal sprayer delieverd .1mg of bupe per spray and 1.5mg of naltrexone per spray, I told him to use 2 sprays in the morning, and 2 sprays at night(if needed) and not to use it at night when the bottle was getting low. He had a BIG habit before this, the nasal sprayers lasted him a full month(which tells me he was using more than I told him to, because they were supposed to last 3 weeks each), and he said he went through some mild WD's when he switched sprayers but no WD's when the second one ran out, and best of all, he tried to get high when the sprayer ran out and the naltrexone left in him had attenuated the oxy. He's been clean for 2 months now.

Last edited:
I am taking it in the a.m. im trying different doses. I may have worked up to a mg One day, but took 15mics this am. Makes me fairly anxious. Not afraid of higher doses, as bup is like a superhero with its affinity.

How good do you feel?

I am taking it in the a.m. im trying different doses. I may have worked up to a mg One day, but took 15mics this am. Makes me fairly anxious. Not afraid of higher doses, as bup is like a superhero with its affinity.

How good do you feel?

Are there rules about bumping old threads that contain good discussions that can still be followed up on?

In this case, my question is - say if a person is worried about Naltrexone precipitating withdrawal if they used Suboxone recently. Is this worry unfounded, because they can take Naltrexone, and if they do go into precipitated withdrawal, they can just take more Suboxone and, because of its high binding affinity, take away any precipitated withdrawal that you just put yourself in.

Also, on this very topic, I don't understand why Methadone-Naltrexone-Suboxone would be any different than Methadone-Suboxone, in terms of precipitated withdrawal, but this study seems to suggest that the M-N-S is a way to skirt the precipitated withdrawal a person would normally get from jumping off Methadone and onto Suboxone, but I fail to see why that would be - or am I reading this study incorrectly?:

I don't understand this study:

I’ve been curious to try this myself being on buprenorphine for over a decade, I just want to better maintain or taper my dosage and feel LDN is the answer.

I’m going to look into finding a doc to prescribe.. I heard it helps with cancer too.

-GC

^ i have naltrexone 50mg pills which i never used. i wonder if i should get rid of them to someone who really needs them or start cutting em and using them as low dose?? as im also on suboxone, i suppose they might help!?