profile_mask2.png
Law Enforcement Against Prohibition UK <[email protected]> Unsubscribe
Apr 19 (1 day ago)
cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif

Come and talk drugs with us for our podcast!
Posted: 18 Apr 2016 12:24 PM PDT
We need to talk ourselves into drug law reform. It’s never been more important to extend the boundaries and get the voices of reform into the areas that are hard to reach. This is why we’re privileged to have been asked by rapper and spoken-word artist Scroobius Pip to join his new Distraction Pieces network! […]
The post Come and talk drugs with us for our podcast! appeared first on Law Enforcement Against Prohibition UK.

Interesting blog. I wonder how many members or how much influence this group has?

Thank you. It's a great shame no one seems particularly interested, especially as it is trying so hard and been joined by a lot of respected professionals that have made sacrifices to 'be counted'. It's a great shame that the complacency of what appears to be the majority of drug users in this country couldn't give a flying fuck. Reform would make their lives simpler, safer and all in all a lot less hassle. But it appears very few have even bothered to actually listen and realise the benefits of such an organisation. I use the word complacency because it strikes me that so long as Mad Theresa Mays' Law is temporarily in paralysis every one has taken the attitude that well it dosen't matter anymore as long as their supply isn't interrupted/stopped dead in it's tracks. This group must wield a subtle but strong influence and I don't care what anyonelse says frankly my suspicion is we'd all be fucked right now without their efforts and hard work. They deserve recognition and thanks for attempting to bring drug reform in to a country that is hell bent on slipping back in to the dark ages and dosen't appear to give a shit about the health and well being of their citizens. Quite the opposite in fact. I posted an email reply I received from LEAP UK in the, what I believe to be the most recent 'Ban' thread on this forum which was only met with an ignorant lethargic lack of interest and I just think it's disrespectful (not to me) but to LEAP. One can only wonder at the bizarre short sightedness that is blatantly evident from certain BL members whom this entire matter concerns. Just makes me fucking angry, you don't bite off a helping hand, even wild animals don't do that.

Perhaps the reason no one has replied is that (if my phone is anything to go by) you can only read the left side of the page....the right side is completely cut off.

Not saying that it is like this for everyone but I cant even read it.

Also a bit childish to get so worked up because people haven't answered your thread....it's not compulsory to reply to every single one you know...

If people feel they don't want to post you should respect that not bitch about it like a five year old.

Nobody's bitten your hand off.

Maybe sniffed it cautiously, decided it smelt of cop and pulled their head back, but not bitten it off.

British Police Officers Reveal What They Really Think About the War on Drugs

Good Cop, Bad War is the story of an undercover police officer, Neil Woods, who spent over a decade infiltrating Britain's biggest drug gangs. The book, released last week, provides a unique insight into a world of mind games and violence, where the drug trade acts as a production line for the creation of ruthless gangsters. Ultimately, his experiences led Woods to reject the way drugs are policed in the UK.

"The logic of the drugs war only leads one way: the police get smarter, so the criminals get nastier; things can only ever go from bad to worse, from savagery to savagery," says Woods. Now, after having left the force, he is chairman of LEAP UK (Law Enforcement Against Prohibition), a pro-drug legalisation activist group consisting of ex-law enforcement officials.

But to what extent are Woods and his colleagues at LEAP UK – and those currently employed in the police force – rare specimens? How thin on the ground are drug cops who think they are fighting the wrong fight? Expressing sympathy for anything other than hardline prohibition – even to their colleagues – is something of a risk in the black and white, "them and us" world of police culture.

Even so, every now and then drug cops open up about the realities of clearing the streets of dealers and drugs...

(linky to complete article)

"Law enforcement against drugs is completely ineffective and has been since the Misuse of Drugs Act came into force in 1971," says Fisher. "The idea of the state protecting you from yourself just doesn't work. We've spent billions of pounds trying to prohibit drugs, but there's less chance of it working than Canute stopping the waves."

Quite.