Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lasting visual changes from NBOMe?

guferr

Greenlighter
Hi.

I had a single blotter of NBOMe (i don't know which NBOMe compound though), and
I took it in two separate occasions:

In the first i took half of it, and had a good an intense experience that lasted for 12 h;

In the second time i just took 1/4 of it (a week after the first time), but the experience was stronger, and somewhat worse, once my blood pressure dropped like hell, but i didn't even though about going to the hospital, it was kind of a neuter experience, once it had good and bad parts.

But, there's something going on: It makes 3 days since i took the last 1/4 of the blotter, and my vision is still different. The colours and contrast perception changed, some colours that I perceived as shiny are now more pale, and other colours seem just different, i can't describe, but it seems that my vision is still "normal" after all, i can see all colours just as before. Contrast seem a little lower now, just like my dynamic contrast has enhanced.

A lot of colours seem "new" or "different" for me, and some seem to highlight from the rest on the ambiences, even not being shiny.

Another change appeared in my pattern recognition: I always see patterns on every single surface, they seem like drawings, and the lightest part of the patterns on the materials seem to highlight from the other patterns.

When looking to a completely smooth surface, like the clear sky, my vision seems to have much more spots and blots.

So, anyone here knows if those changes are going to last forever, or why they happened, how they happened etc?

Thanks!

So, anyone here knows if those changes are going to last forever, or why they happened, how they happened etc?

Taking psychedelics predisposes some people to heightened sensory sensitivity post-experience, in part because they work their magic by basically turning the "volume" in your brain up to the point where signals feed back upon themselves. In almost all cases people will still percieve colors, shapes etc just fine or even better post-sychedelic-experience on comparison tests with people who have never taken psychedelics, the people exposed to psychedelics are generally more apt to observe the natural foibles of the human visual system.

When humans observe colors, for instance, what is detected by your retina is not a 1:1 correspondance with what you "see". The brain does a lot of post-processing and correction to actually render the world around you. It's how we can tell a green apple is green even under varying lighting conditions: the perceived color is hinted at with context clues as well as being determined by the actual reflected light.

Both the pareidolia and the heightened sensitivity to visual artifacting (halos, visual noise, floaters, etc) may be from temporarily increased signal amplification in the visual cortex.

Most importantly, in almost everybody this is a transient effect, not effecting actual visual acuity, and goes away in due time. The less you fixate on it the more rapidly your brain will return to a normal equilibrium.

I think it is the result of persistence of signals versus an amplification effect, but after tripping, there is also the noticing of what was overlooked before.

Anyway, why should a flat while surface be flat and white in your mind, or in your eye.
we are biological - not surgical or military hardware with precisely flat calibration.

white includes energy of all the component colors so the flat white surface is dancing with activity of all the colors in our eyes and in our brains anyway even when not stoned

Well, i know a flat white surface excites several cones at once in my retina, but it shouldn't excite many neurons around the pattern and movement recognition areas of the visual cortex.

I can see a lot more of colours now, specially on the blue hue, and i can also see the visual noises, blots, spots and floaters on my vision.

The noise, the blots and other interferences should be filtered out, clearing and highlighting the detail and patterns of the actual image being observed, and once it's not being filtered so well now, my perception of the details of the actual objects got worse, the interference of the visual artifacts got worse.

Another thing that happened is that the colour correction function got worse, the ambience illumination is making the colours change a lot more, making me unable to know the exact tone of the colour of one object under daylight or optimal light, while the brain usually uses the ambience light information to correct and assess the correct tone of the object under daylight or optimal light conditions.

A single 25c-NBOMe trip left me with lasting persisting visuals. I experience these while sober but smoking weed makes them way more noticable. If I look at a grass surface in low light I will see whimsical cartoon lettering alll over it, spelling out nonsensical words and phrases which i can never quite decipher.

I, too, can attest to semi/permanent visual alterations after psychedelic use.
I did not use, and have not used, 25c-NBOMe, or indeed any of the NBOMe series. Instead; frequent and prolonged use of primarily aMT and BK-2CB, with occasional 5-MeO-DALT and 5-MeO-DMT. I experience visual tracers constantly, slight warping/morphing of objects in my visual field which is most significant in the periphery, drifting of blue, red, and green orbs when looking at flat surfaces and threshold 'halos' particularly around sources of light.

These effects are massively amplified upon exposure to various non-psychedelic/hallucinogenic substances. The most significant effects occur with stimulant usage, even if the drug in question has little or no serotonergic activity (Ethylphenidate, for example).
Accentuation is also noticed with opiate use, potentially attributable to the constriction of the pupils they elicit.

It should be noted that I experienced hallucinations even when drug naive, but of an entirely different form to the current examples.

My knowledge of Pharmacology is far from sufficient to suggest a possible explanation/mechanism (my field is Micro/Molecular Biology), but would anyone with education in the area care to offer a hypothesis?

Increased connectivity between neurons in the visual cortex?

Guferr just made me realize this to colors do seem a bit more "different" I'm not sure how to describe it things look more "genuine" is the best word I can think of everything just seems so real its fake and sometimes the complete opposite or maybe its the way I perceive it can anyone shed some light on this?

I think it's called hppd it happen to me after my nbome trips I've done 25c,25b,25i it all diminishes after a week or so once I od'd on 25b-nbome off just 2 hits I had a seizure and shit and hada be hospitalized I had the hppd shit for like a solid month

It's interesting you mention seizures in relation - I had approx. 12 seizures over a short period a while back, and I can certainly notice changes in my visual perception since. It began as a hazy 'aura' and over 3 days developed into, as horribly subjective a comparison it is, a visual field akin to the effects of ~125ug LSD-25. It would intensify and mellow quite frequently, but it is vastly reduced since my posts a month or two ago. The tracers are still the most notable aspect, and have remained so constant I doubt they will ever fully dissappear. No more 'melting', only slight edge warping/morphing and depth perception alterations. The increase in intensity of shades/colours nearer the blue/violet WV is actually quite an improvement! ;)

yes I agree hppd is what you are diagnosed with.
so buck up and sit it out

Thank you for your time Dr...?
Oh, right, that's right - I neither have a diagnosis of said, and still vastly understudied, disorder, nor do you have the capacity to change that.
Do you not think I have considered that possibility prior to posting?

Take your arrogance elsewhere.

Yea hppd sucks all you can do is suck it up and deal with it when it happen to me after I od'd on 25b-nbome it was steady for a month or two it came with sever depression all that helps is benzos and time, weed seems to mellow it out as well eventually it'll just go away best of luck bro

basically the hppd diagnosis means there is nothing wrong with YOU, but your body and mind are adjusting and slowly returning to baseline.

it's not a disease, and it is not a lasting physical damage.

it is a good time to get philosophical about what happens in life