• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Last day of rapid detox, IV naloxone

NorwegianElkhound

Bluelighter
Started about 5 minutes ago. Idk the 10 mg valium they gave me is gonna work if this turns out to be intense

It's an outpatient program but since it's the last day I'll be here for a whils

I see no benefit of doing an accelerated detox.. I admire you for doing it though.

Is this to defeat opiate dependency? When you are ready you will be able to walk away without much effort. Any way you do it--after seeing opiate addicts repeatedly relapse at random without triggers.. I feel like the end result will be the same until one is "ready." But I know that accelerated detox is just trying to bypass withdrawal quickly?

I see no benefit of doing an accelerated detox.. I admire you for doing it though.

Is this to defeat opiate dependency? When you are ready you will be able to walk away without much effort. Any way you do it--after seeing opiate addicts repeatedly relapse at random without triggers.. I feel like the end result will be the same until one is "ready." But I know that accelerated detox is just trying to bypass withdrawal quickly?
It was the circumstances. I originally wanted to go out of state for a methadone 28 day rehab but my Probation officer said no and no where in my state wanted anything to do with me because of my methadone usage. And my health insurance runs out in a few days so I needed something fast

They detox you in a week but they're blasting you with precipitated withdrawals everyday. It's very intense. And yeah I'm kicking a yearlong dope habit, we've talked about it when I was in rehab in florida

I woke up after the naloxone injection feeling like my brain was being ravaged by a seizure and an earthquake. Couldn't get any words out, then once they ripped off the IV sticker i shouted "ah FUCK" from the pain and then I could speak

Last edited:
Bro I think you detoxed!!!

Don't go back and let them inject you. Now its time to heal. This sounds like some kind of nazi experiment. You had an actual seizure? I would sue them.

They used to do that shit in china with heroin. You seen them bruce lee movies? They would be testing dope and locking people to withdrawal. I don't know the motives of putting more narcan in you. Thats it. You haven't used dope in like 4/5 days right?

Whats up on the valium plan?
I don't think it was a seizure. I tried making noise but couldn't, for just a few seconds. Then I was back to normal feeling fine.

I feel fine. I have to do iop though which sucks cause I still wanna do coke and shit. But being off opiates is all that matters.

They prescribed me 40 10mg valiums for a week long procedures. I about shit my pants when I saw how many. I'm supposed to take 5 milligrams tomorrow and then stop for all the shit to leave my system, but idk if I can do that. I managed to sneak 70mg out of the bottle though so I should be able to taper off

I got a naltrexone implant too

Ah, I see there were special circumstances. This is still the most intense detox I've ever heard of LOL. If anything... I try to avoid naltrexone like it's the Devil. Talk about NOT getting high :) Naltrexone is a bit of a downer if you know what I mean ;) Anyway--I wouldn't fear benzo dependency too much unless you know you already have an issue with them.

Look I know how this story goes. Whether you're using or stone cold sober appreciate the time you're alive. We all relapsed. That's something I've realized--not most people relapse on opiates but almost everyone lol. In some way... I've just come to appreciate life whether I'm on drugs or not. It's unsafe to say on a drug forum that addiction/dependency is not in your control, but the reality is none of us truly know what our habits are going to turn out like. Sobriety seems like a game of chance at times when it comes to beating opiate dependency especially. It's a hard habit to kick.... not because of the withdrawals really... just because of the insanely good high.