• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Lamotrigine and GABA supplement taken together?

Makkarae

Greenlighter
Just a small question about how do they work when taken together and does it have any side effects?

Im taking 100mg of lamotrigine per day and got one week till the dosage is doubled (200mg is the "working" amount of the drug) and I was wondering can I take GABA to incraise/combine the effects of lamotrigine and GABA supplement?

I tried googling it but it has zero responses with only this combination.

I cant ask my doctor or psychologist because GABA is prohibited where I live.

Thanks a bunch :)

Are they increasing you 100mg in one week? Are you on any other anti-convulsants? If not, that's going against the prescribing information...

By GABA do you mean the amino-acid? If so, it won't do much of anything.

I take 200mg/day and saw no interaction with GABA, phenibut or any number of other drugs that I've done. It is fairly benign.

It is my understanding that orally administered GABA is essentially placebo. Otherwise you'd be able to off yourself really easily by eating too much and people would be dying left and right when taken in conjunction with other depressants (esp. alcohol, benzos).

Are they increasing you 100mg in one week? Are you on any other anti-convulsants? If not, that's going against the prescribing information...

By GABA do you mean the amino-acid? If so, it won't do much of anything.

I take 200mg/day and saw no interaction with GABA, phenibut or any number of other drugs that I've done. It is fairly benign.

Thanks for the answer!

the incraise is between two weeks. i said ive taken 100mg one week now and the next raise is next week, and it was my own idea since the drug is pretty expensive and the pill size/pack (25, 50, 100 and 200mg and pack sizes are 54 and 96) makes it really stupid since pills dont have cutmarks.

ive read about gaba and many people recommended phenibut over gaba but i really dont know anything about that, could you tell me your own experiences?

It is my understanding that orally administered GABA is essentially placebo. Otherwise you'd be able to off yourself really easily by eating too much and people would be dying left and right when taken in conjunction with other depressants (esp. alcohol, benzos).

Ive read that pure GABA and benzo arent safe combination. that aside, ive also read that some people who take gaba before they go to bed, they slept better than ever and they also feel more relaxed and not as anxious as they used to. could it be that if taken in bigger dosages it could really help?

thanks for your answer!

Ive read that pure GABA and benzo arent safe combination. that aside, ive also read that some people who take gaba before they go to bed, they slept better than ever and they also feel more relaxed and not as anxious as they used to. could it be that if taken in bigger dosages it could really help?

thanks for your answer!
It may help somewhat, because it acts as a placebo. Placebos have effects and can sometimes help to some degree, but they don't act by a pharmacological mechanism. Also, GABA might produce some type of physical sensation, generated peripherally, which could intensify the placebo effect by convincing someone that they had ingested an active drug.

Ah, yeah Lamictal is expensive. Not sure what country you are in, but always explore all routes for purchasing your medication. Lamictal is a wonder drug for me, and I'm grateful I the generic is affordable.

If you're looking for an excellent add-on to Lamictal, I would HIGHLY recommend Gabapentin. Phenibut is decent but it tends to worsen my hypomanic symptoms, in exchange for anxiety relief and feeling euthymia for once.

Gabapentin does all of that without any of the side effects. It's also cheaper in bulk.

Ah, yeah Lamictal is expensive. Not sure what country you are in, but always explore all routes for purchasing your medication. Lamictal is a wonder drug for me, and I'm grateful I the generic is affordable.

If you're looking for an excellent add-on to Lamictal, I would HIGHLY recommend Gabapentin. Phenibut is decent but it tends to worsen my hypomanic symptoms, in exchange for anxiety relief and feeling euthymia for once.

Gabapentin does all of that without any of the side effects. It's also cheaper in bulk.

isnt gabapentin prestate of pregabalin (lyrica)? both are described as illegal drugs without prescription but i might be able to get my hands on some lyricas, would that be of any help?

also I forgot to mention that im takin lamictal to deep (and thus psychotic) depression, not bipolar, and it really helps me keep my shit together (meaning it really helps!)

isnt gabapentin prestate of pregabalin (lyrica)? both are described as illegal drugs without prescription but i might be able to get my hands on some lyricas, would that be of any help?

also I forgot to mention that im takin lamictal to deep (and thus psychotic) depression, not bipolar, and it really helps me keep my shit together (meaning it really helps!)
What do you mean by "prestate"?

Gabapentin is not a controlled drug (at least in the US).

What do you mean by "prestate"?

Gabapentin is not a controlled drug (at least in the US).

gabapentin is sold by the name of neurontin here in northern europe and its also illegal here.

i meant precursor. english isnt my native so pardon my mistakes :)