View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lamisil and MXE / 3-MeO-PCP

tryptamine

Greenlighter
I've been on Lamisil(Terbinafine) for over a month now trying to get rid of some toe nail fungus. It has the tendency to greatly prolong the effects of dxm which sounds great until you hit a mid to high plateau but I won't get into that (xanax saved the day). Should I expect the same phenomenon from taking MXE or 3-MeO-PCP while on this medication? My mail should be here in just a few days and I want to know what to expect.

To be safe, I'd assume so, though DXM does work somewhat differently than those. Also, I know of no mechanism by which you should experience what you said, so grain of salt...

To be safe, I'd assume so, though DXM does work somewhat differently than those. Also, I know of no mechanism by which you should experience what you said, so grain of salt...

Grain of salt, huh? I fucking dare you to do what I did which is take 1350mg at 165 lbs over the course of 3 hours while on lamasil. The upper third plateau peak lasted nearly all night. I took the last dose around 10pm (took the 800mg at 8pm). I did 400+800+150mg. I was still at an upper second plateau at 8am then finally obtained some xanax which saved me. It's been reported before too, Google it.

Last edited:
Hey, no need to dick-size, but if you must...I've taken 3g in one night, I've spent an entire month on Dex, never once dropping below 2nd plateau, and I've had literally several hundred exps with it, with some nice (and often dangerous) combos; (Meth)Amphetamines, opiates, MDMA and other empathogens, LSD, shrooms, few 2Cs, blah blah black sheep.

You clearly did not overstand my point. That cool, I'm used to it, by why be so aggressive? If it were me, I'd be addressing this in my trips, but whatevs. What I meant by "grain of salt", was that IDK why or how Tamisil is prolonging you Dexperiences, so don't put too much faith in what I said. I'm not denying that you felt what you claim, prolly did, seems too weird to make up. But given that I don't know the underlying mech, and DXM hits different receptors with diff affinities than MXE or 3-MeO-PCP, I was simply guessing in the interest of HR. But, assuming Tam is OTC, I'll take you up on that. Dose rec on the Tam, or does it matter? Namaste :)

And... did you do it? I'm in the same position... MXE + Lamisil?

Ok, so I just found out about this interaction DXM has with Lamisil. And I'm wondering how long does DXM stay "unmetabolized" (forgive me if I sound silly) in the blood? Does it has any long-term side effects? I took about 200mg (thank you Jesus) the same day I started Lamisil (what a coincidence :|) and that otherwise barely effective dose got me going alot longer then I anticipated. So anyone got an experience with that combination? Also I'd like to know, since Lamisil's half-life is pretty fucking long (200-400 hrs) how long should I wait before taking DXM?

From my understanding DXM and MXE share little in terms of metabolism and receptor targets aside from NMDA angagonism (and some SERT affinity) which I doubt is the problematic interaction. That being said it's not inconceivable that MXE has some other kind of interaction with Lamisil.

I'm interested specifically in DMX (which I took), not MXE (the thread title is probably misleading in this case) I'm assuming OP talks about DXM in this post:
Grain of salt, huh? I fucking dare you to do what I did which is take 1350mg at 165 lbs over the course of 3 hours while on lamasil. The upper third plateau peak lasted nearly all night. I took the last dose around 10pm (took the 800mg at 8pm). I did 400+800+150mg. I was still at an upper second plateau at 8am then finally obtained some xanax which saved me. It's been reported before too, Google it.