• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Lamictal for Mood Disorder: Forgot Dosage Maybe?

Yeetdruggie

Bluelighter
I take 100mg of lamictal daily at night for mood management and today I remember my alarm going off/me turning the alarm off so I could take my pill shortly after. But I don’t have any memory of taking my dose nor any thoughts/activities I was doing around that time that would trigger a memory of having taken it.

I don’t want to take a dose now, 2 hours after I should have, in case I’ve already taken it. I tried to check how many pills I have left in the bottle and apparently I got the bottle/started taking it on 8/18 which means I should have taken 6 pills prior to today or 7 including today. But when I counted there are still 26/30 left 😕. This either means I was given too many pills in the container or I’ve missed dosing on some days, which I was fairly certain I haven’t up until today. Now I’m not so sure and just need to buy a cheap weekly pill box.

Would it be wise to just wait until tomorrow to take my next dose like normal?

Hey Yeetdruggie! Dont freak out cause this is a very manageable situation. If you feel you might have already taken your dose, the best thing would probably be to just wait until your next scheduled dose to resume.

Like ibtisam said, there are some side-effects associated with taking too much Lamotrigine, but it is more than likely that taking an extra dose will not cause significant problems. I'm only saying this to hopefully put your mind at ease.