• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

L-Tyrosine?

drfeelgood1

Bluelighter
I’m taking 200mg per day of caffeine pills since I hate the taste of coffee. I do get the caffeine effects such as fast heart rate, energy.

But given those effects above, my mind is still cloudy and blurry and my motivation kind of lacks.

Would L-Tyrosine be useful for this?

I take 500mg a day, along with some other supplements and have been for the past month or two. The effect isn't super noticeable, but my anxiety levels have been low, and I haven't been as easily stressed or discouraged. It definitely helps.

L-tyrosine made me feel anxious and edgy at 1g/day.

I'd recommend taking it with taurine.

L-Tyrosine will help to restore catecholamine levels. But if you want a supplement that helps to remove the undesirable physical side effects of Caffeine, while boosting your concentration, you'll fair far better with L-Theanine.

l-tyrosine is the only proteinogenic amino acid that had central activity. a standard dose makes a short but fast starting rush. taken together with l-trypotphan, which had no effect on its own, it felt like an overdose. short but uncomfortable.
j

I take it together with l-tryptophan every night to boost my neurotransmitters. I've never had much of anything that felt like an overdose, although I might just not be sensitive to the effects. It does make me tired, to be expected with the tryptophan, so I take it at night.

Or maybe I'm just so fried and used to being high that supplements simply feel like nothing to me. Ymmv

I take it together with l-tryptophan every night to boost my neurotransmitters.

the dosage i took might have been a little to high, i just took a spoon full of both powders, not measured. the effects were different than tyrosine alone or the tryptophan which had no effect on me.