• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc L-Tyrosine

Hezman94

Bluelighter
I honestly consider L-tyrosine when mixed with disperisble vitamin b to create dopamine in the brain gets me a stimu;ated feeling with a mild comedown.
could this be cos im on the bipolar spectrum it said take 1500mg tyrosine I was twisted lol only need 500mg for a energy boost.

I have been thinki g of using this on top of my adderall to boost dopamine production. I have a month left until I can take a break from the amphetamines so I'm trying to maximize their effectiveness. Do you have any knowledge on this topic?

There's some research in rodents (not humans) suggesting L-tyrosine supplementation may reduce the effect. Possibly via a pre-synaptic DA mechanism. Similarly, L-Dopa and mucuna pruriens (which are more upstream than tyrosine) tend to cause somnolence rather than stimulation in patients through (researchers presume) the same mechanism.

Anecdotally, while I get tired on mucuna pruriens and L-dopa, I never notice anything positive or negative from l-tyrosine at all, personally.

There's some research in rodents (not humans) suggesting L-tyrosine supplementation may reduce the effect. Possibly via a pre-synaptic DA mechanism. Similarly, L-Dopa and mucuna pruriens (which are more upstream than tyrosine) tend to cause somnolence rather than stimulation in patients through (researchers presume) the same mechanism.

Anecdotally, while I get tired on mucuna pruriens and L-dopa, I never notice anything positive or negative from l-tyrosine at all, personally.

I am trying to boost my body's natural synthesis of dopamine because of months of prescribed daily amp usage. I'm taking a break from it in December but until then I would really like to find a way to do this. My dopamine stores are very depleted and it's very uncomfortable, unless I take an adderall.
What would be the best foods or supplements (or anything really) to increase the amount of dopamine being synthesized and stored in the brain?

Exercise would be by far the best way of bringing DA production back online, much moreso than supplements, and by increasing long-term natural output rather than just a temporary band-aid induced while you take a supplement or drug.

Also, ensure you're eating well. By that, I mean plenty of protein, fruits, vegetables and good oils (such as nuts, seeds and fish oils).

You could take the supplement mucuna pruriens as well, which would more effectively increase dopamine production, but it's only a transient effect (ie: while you take the supp). Exercise is what will cause your body to fix things itself.

I have taken a lot of L-Tyrosene over the past year. It started with realizing they drastically reduce coke crashes, been on a handful of one week binges in the past like year and a half and the crashes were killin me, but I don't do that these days. I started taking it for opiate withdrawal as I would have no energy and it really helped. I think it might be part of that thomas recipe thing, even.

I stopped taking it several months ago. There was a significant energy boost for hours and relief from some symptoms too. I would take like 4 grams sometimes.

I was thinking of getting more of it but is it bad to take it daily does anyone know? I mean if it helps PAWS depression... but wouldn't it interfere with the bodies natural way of doing things and therefore a recovery without supplementation. Although I've already got myself hooked on coffees and espressos so it might be a better option as those are dehydrating and well addictive.

I wouldn't want it to be like melatonin though where if you take it every night then when you don't take it I'm assuming your body doesn't know to produce it and it becomes harder to sleep.

I honestly consider L-tyrosine when mixed with disperisble vitamin b to create dopamine in the brain gets me a stimu;ated feeling with a mild comedown.
could this be cos im on the bipolar spectrum it said take 1500mg tyrosine I was twisted lol only need 500mg for a energy boost.

What's the connection bettween L-tyrosene your reaction to it I mean, and bipolar spectrum btw? I missed that part, sorry, cause I am definitely on that well I have borderline, BPD, but I get into fucked up long term depressive episodes and snap out of them. I have a mood disorder whatever they decide to call it which can be different. So I am interested in that part because L-Tyrosene was one of the few supplements, and the only amino acid supplement that I could feel.

What's the connection bettween L-tyrosene your reaction to it I mean, and bipolar spectrum btw? I missed that part, sorry, cause I am definitely on that well I have borderline, BPD, but I get into fucked up long term depressive episodes and snap out of them. I have a mood disorder whatever they decide to call it which can be different. So I am interested in that part because L-Tyrosene was one of the few supplements, and the only amino acid supplement that I could feel.
We are sensitive to chemical changes in the brain, its even on psychonaut classed as a mild stimulant it can be useful for us though , im taking low doses atm because im tapering oxy and find it adds to the anxiety unfortunately.Get a good protein powder its got all the good amino acids and usually vitamin b complexin them and start the gym cardio more for dopamine.

You actually want to take the B-vitamins significantly later than the L-Tyrosine. Taking B6 along side L-Tyrosine orally will actually force a lot of it to be transformed into Dopamine right in the liver - not in the brain. Dopamine produced outside the brain can not get into it because of the BBB, so it just raises your blood pressure.

Also try using N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine instead of regular L-Tyrosine. N-Acetyl Tyrosine absorbs faster in stomach, and most importantly, get sucked up into the brain much quicker.

Good thing to take in the morning you'd say? Maybe boost it with some of that cheap yeast stuff that has B vitamins in it a couple hours later.
I used to take it in the morning anyway since that's when I would be the most sick typically, and ever since I quit opiates I've started having a lot of coffee and espresso on a daily basis I should try this again it was so good it cured week long coke crashes in opiate withdrawal that were harsh.

p.s. is it true that one should consume amino acids like this on an empty stomach because food will interfere with their absorption having other amino acids?

Last edited:
I use NALT sometimes and I get a mild but noticeable stimulant effect from around half gram of it. I don't fit the BPD diagnosis criteria but I am 4 out of 10 in its test, so close enough.