• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Krokodil (Desomorphine)

The drug they are trying to make is really awesome but the thing with krocodil is they are making it very crudely and its filled with containments so its very deadly and damaging.

I think rather than going on about the drug - think about the causes. These are people who KNOW what it will do to them and decide it's still better than living straight. Don't forget, there are whole cities where the heavy industry has died so all of the supporting companies closed so there is, literally, no work. Personally, I think it would show up everywhere if the precursors were so cheap and easy to buy. Don't forget, Tropicamide's nickname is восемь месяцев - 8 months.

Russia has NO methadone maintenance (or other replacement therapy). Even in the west, the average length of opioid addiction is 23 years (Lifeline study).

This is beyond horrible. I mean, degradating. The cheap heroin substitute that rots your own flesh.

Do not touch it. See the Vice doc on it. I agree with the above poster's comment on not believing everything you see on TV, especially Vice, but sometimes the camera don't lie.

I heard recently that some jerks in my city (Denver) are trying to pass it off as cheap tar and I'll be honest with you, just the thought of banging that shit has been enough to keep me clean the last few months. Seriously. It's a stew of fucking codeine pills and sulfur match sticks. I read that that it was invented after the Afghan opium trade was cut off at the Siberian border. Yay for fucking Putin's war on drugs. 8(

OMG I can't stop thinking about how gross it is. LOOK UP THE PICTURES, MANG. Please.

Western matches are sulfur, not phosphorous.... but I guess some people wouldn't know or bother to find out.

Tar is popular with manufacturers because they don't isolate the morphine. They just add acetic anhydride to (dirty) opium. By dirty, I mean it hasn't been washed to remove non-soluble crap like bits of plant matter. I think I saw a 'how to shoot tar' in which this crap is removed yet it seems like too much work for too many souls. For a long time I have suggested that tar is more toxic than brown because 6-acetyl codeine is present. We know the LD50 of both drugs, but nobody has researched the LD50 of the mixture.

I'm just surprised opium hasn't got a market. GOOD (clean) opium is a world better than H apart from the rush. Your getting ALL the alkaloids, smoking (or swallowing) it so it's safer (Hep C kills x4 more IV users than HIV) and the dreams are wonderful. Nature knows best is NOT a declaration I stand by but in this case, I truly think that natural opium is the way to go.

Just be greatful you don't live in Russia because if you have a BIG habit and no money, what are YOU going to do. Especially now, since codeine/paracetamol pills are off the market. I bet there is a crime wave of people looking for the money for H. On the other hand, I pity those in the US with draconian laws and no free methadone. Holland has the Methadone bus so you can walk up and get a dose. OK, they start low but you can go 3 times a day and then they increase. Go 3x7 times in a row (a week) and your on a program to stabilize your dose. In the EU, depriving a patient of medication is a crime so get arrested, you still get it, go inside, you still get it.

I shot tar all the time - never had a problem with it. It's gross but I used it for three years and never had an abscess...maybe I got lucky?

I read a book (can't remember the title now) about a guy who got SERIOUSLY addicted to smoking opium while living in Asia and he said the withdrawal was a beast, even compared to heroin.

Ever heard of phossy jaw?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phossy_jaw

Can't imagine shooting anything made with that especially after what it does when you are exposed to it in low doses.

Im pretty sure that synth for hydrocodone uses a relatively large amount of platinum black as a catalyst, for the amount needed it'd be a lot cheaper to buy the hydrocodone. i also remember reading in a different write up of that syth, i assume youre reffering to hive/lyceum archives?, that the yeild was nowhere near 95%, think it was more like 50-60%. and that the amounts of the required chemicals was way out. i cant remember where its writen though.
OP: All the info you'll ever need is on erowid and its collection of archives.

From the little Ive read, desomorphine seems pretty decent, *IF IT'S SYNTHED CORRECTLY*. Russian shake and bake is not "correctly". There are a slew of side reactions, and byproducts. Most of it apparently isnt even ph balanced, so shooting highly acidic or caustic solutions are going to cause problems on their own.

converting easily gotten codeine into something much more potent, and easily, is like the holy grail of any hard opiate user. Until a foolproof synth comes out, forget it.

Tho I am completely fascinated with organic chemistry, THE reason I dont learn more is I would be doing this, and I have enough tools in my box to ruin myself already, no need to add to them lol