• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom

Parathrice

Bluelighter
From the little I’ve read it seems these plants will grow in an indoor environment similar to the cannabis vegetative cycle. Do people grow this indoors for personal use? I should do my own research I know.
But.....
What does it feel like and what is the attraction? Is it habit forming? Or more like a cbd extract? Thanks for any info👍

It is not like CBD (which is only minorly psychoactive). Its sort of like a combination of a weak opioid, caffeine and yohimbine.

It is absolutely habit forming though less so than any other opioid I've encountered. It is an unusual opioid in that it features g protein biased agonism (partial agonism) unlike most other opioids (which are beta-arrestin biased). This makes it much safer in overdose and gives it a less severe withdrawal syndrome. It also makes it less euphoric.

Growing kratom is impractical due to the size of the plant (its a tree).

OK I’ve got the picture now. I just did a little bit of reading on the plant itself and the growth. Not too practical up here in New England. Some people in the Carolinas are pulling it off though. Anyway thanks for the great information much appreciated

OK I’ve got the picture now. I just did a little bit of reading on the plant itself and the growth. Not too practical up here in New England. Some people in the Carolinas are pulling it off though. Anyway thanks for the great information much appreciated

Growing kratom is impractical due to the size of the plant (its a tree).

And as i it, get the leaves are carefully chosen of the older tree's.

The biggest probably
It also makes it less euphoric.

Maybe when compared to traditional stronger Opiod's. But imo better then Codeine and Tramadol.

And a whole lot more euphoric then benzo's or alcohol. With its seemingly ceiling safer to it. Overal for me the better choice.

Last edited:
If one is on suboxone does that hamper the effect of the kratom?
And as i it, get the leaves are carefully chosen of the older tree's.

The biggest probably

Maybe when compared to traditional stronger Opiod's. But imo better then Codeine and Tramadol.

And a whole lot more euphoric then benzo's or alcohol. With its seemingly ceiling safer to.

While we are definitely not a resource for growing techniques or production of Kratom, we can discuss its pharmacology. It's analagous to Opium, in that you're dealing with a relatively large amount of plant matter, which contains an active Opioid. This substance is called Mitragynine and is believed to be responsible for most of the positive, reinforcing effects of the plant. Like Opium, its fair to assume that there are other, lesser chemicals at play that may or may not influence the end-effect of the plant. We don't really know for sure, as although Kratom has a long history of consumption in its native area (Southeast Asia mostly), it hasn't been studied extensively and compared to Opium, it's barely been studied at all.

Over the years, I've seen a lot of people using and talking about Kratom. I would have to guess that the vast majority of users are not intially aware of the fact that they're using an Opioid. I wish it were advertised as such, because it's almost commonplace to find people here in the forums dependent upon it with no true notion of nature of the substance that they're ingesting.

and if decent enough, better than 5mg oxy's i mean percs, cause all the .10's, m 30's are all fentanyl, im tryin to get a good opiate feeling!