• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Kratom withdrawal interactions with medication.

kevo1243

Greenlighter
I've been using kratom for several months and the past few I use about 10-20 grams a day. When I don't take kratom I don't have physical withdrawals and the only thing that seems to happen to me is anxiety. I was recently prescribed Vyvanse 30 mgs for ADD. I've been taking it for a week and have felt no relief from my symptoms. I was instructed to take 60 mgs a day if I feel no effects. I was wondering if anyone had a theory about my body adjusting to the lack of kratom and the interaction it might have with the Vyvanse. I've used Adderall in the past and it really improved my life but I wasn't using any other substances at the time. I'm really wondering if Vyvanse is not for me or it's just the fact that my body is adjusting to the lack of kratom. I currently am no longer taking kratom for the past 2 days and I am thinking about not using the Vyvanse for a week or more to let my body reset. Any suggestions, comments, etc are welcome.

Increased anxiety from the lack of Kratom combined with Vyvanse theoretically could reduce its perceived effectiveness and just make you feel jittery.

Though for me, if I'm not withdrawing from too big of an opioid habit, a light dose of Adderall/Vyvense will make me feel better.