• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom, What do you use it for??????

There are a lot of threads on kratom around here. I am also not so sure what youre question is here?

my only experience w/ kratom is trying to IV it once but being unable to get the required amount easily enough into a 30g 1c insulin syringe and into my veins and giving up and never touching the stuff again. I still have like 10g floating around somewhere.

when I don't have an opiate tolerance: to get high/a mild opioid buzz

when I do have a tolerance: as a "maintenance drug"

when I don't have an opiate tolerance: to get high/a mild opioid buzz

when I do have a tolerance: as a "maintenance drug"

do you find it actually works well as a "maintenance drug?" if I were to hypothetically come off being on 12mg suboxone for 2+ years and switch to kratom would I feel very little withdrawals? (for tolerance reference it takes about ~45-50mg hydromorphone to get me buzzing ..too high for kratom?)
curious about this.

I'm pretty sure that the main reason I like opiates/opioids is the mu-opioid receptor action, which kratom does provide me in high enough doses, so yeah it keeps me somewhat satisfied. But, does it get you high like heroin, oxycodone or even buprenorphine would? Nope.

I'm not sure if it would entirely remove WD but it does ease them for me, without a doubt. I know other IV heroin users with hearty habits who've found success with kratom, too. The problem with kratom is that it gives you a little satisfaction but in doing so it reminds you of the "complete satisfaction" you used to get with hard opiates, so you have to be a little careful with it if you're an opiate addict...

Tightlywound, I didnt even think kratom could be IVed? that sounds incredibly dangerous. Did you boil it down to just water and the alkaloids or did you actually try to inject powder and water?

do you find it actually works well as a "maintenance drug?" if I were to hypothetically come off being on 12mg suboxone for 2+ years and switch to kratom would I feel very little withdrawals? (for tolerance reference it takes about ~45-50mg hydromorphone to get me buzzing ..too high for kratom?)
curious about this.

ys kratom would help you very much when going through subuxone withdrawals..not only the physical withdrawals but the cravings too!

kratom is good for what it is, given that its easily acquired online
but comparing it to other big name meds is apples and oranges
will def curve the WD a bit to the point itll take the edge off

but kratom isnt problem free itself keep that in mind
abuse and WD is up to par with other opiate WD