• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom WD

Oxygal

Bluelighter
For those of you who have been through Kratom withdrawal that have used daily for months...what are your typical symptoms and duration of WD?

It's relatively mild compared to true opioid withdrawal. For me it's usually lower body aches, runny nose, chills, insomnia and some anxiety.

I've found it doesn't last more than three days, and even by the third day it starts to improve.

Agreed, it is very quick for me and much lighter than an opiate habit. It clears quick too. However if someone was on a strong opiate and then went to kratom coming off is much worse. At least that is what I experienced. My virgin kratom usage was much easier to quit than say using it to come off poppy tea. Big difference. Even months later on only kratom. In fact virgin kratom withdrawals did not keep me down like a real opiate kick. I could function and even forget about it at times. As I like to say, we're not talking Trainspotting here. :) And the thought of a big plushy rehab for kratom I always found amusing. Taper and it could be almost painless.

Agreed, it is very quick for me and much lighter than an opiate habit. It clears quick too. However if someone was on a strong opiate and then went to kratom coming off is much worse. At least that is what I experienced. My virgin kratom usage was much easier to quit than say using it to come off poppy tea. Big difference. Even months later on only kratom. In fact virgin kratom withdrawals did not keep me down like a real opiate kick. I could function and even forget about it at times. As I like to say, we're not talking Trainspotting here. :) And the thought of a big plushy rehab for kratom I always found amusing. Taper and it could be almost painless.

Same here. Regular Kratom withdrawals aren't too bad. If you switch from another opioid to Kratom then try to quit Kratom the withdrawals will pretty much be the same as if you quit the opioids directly. Switching to Kratom just puts the withdrawals on hold until you quit. In this case though If you taper the Kratom down before quitting then the withdrawals aren't bad.

Everyone seems to have different experiences. But the people that say it's really bad (worse than all opiates) firmly stand by it. And I have to agree. I had a year long habit with random daily amounts (usually very high), and my wd process was grueling. Granted, I'm a very extreme case on how much I took.

The most important tip is to stay away from the condensed liquid kratom. The small liquid shots are becoming very popular and they are a lot stronger than the powder/capsules. I would take numerous liquid doses a day, and that's why detoxing was so bad. Kratom detox is mentally and physically taxing but the worst part is how random and tricky the process can be. All experienced "detoxers" know the value of night milestones. Specific nights have specific expectancies. When you reach a certain night you know "it's gonna be rough" or "from here it gets easier". Most opiate detoxers know making it to night 4-5 is a huge step. But kratom gets into your brain in such a way that the detox is smoke and mirrors. Night 1 is fine. Night 3 is torture. Night 5 is fine, but night 7 is torture. You think your good and then your not. It takes time to cleanse from it, mentally especially. I know this is depressing and extreme, but people need to know that the detox is no joke, especially if your at a high dose for a lengthy period.

And just like all difficult processes, life makes them even harder. Having a job, is what makes the cleansing process so drawn out. Ideally everyone would want to just take two weeks, go the gym, eat healthy, sweat it out, and just battle through this in one shot at home. But people have lives and have to be able to function. I couldn't function at work going through kratom wd, which is why I had to try an annoying and drawn out taper.

I had surgery on my jaw and had it wired shut for 2 months. And was off from work. So really the extreme boredom took over, and the only type of kratom I could take was liquid (couldn't open my mouth with jaw wiring). That's how I dug myself into a hole.

Save yourself now and don't add the liquids to your regiment. The strength/dosage of them is never clearly portrayed, but from my experience they are as strong as 15 premium capsules. With a lot of added alkaloids. The small opms brand one (dark thick liquid) is by far the strongest, and if you try it you'll know right away what I'm talking about.

Tapering is tough, getting from 10g to 2g is easy/don't even notice the change. But from 2g to 0 is a war of attrition. Moral of the story: don't underestimate the power of Kratom.....especially the condensed liquids!! I had such a strong urge to write all this because I'm not seeing a lot of writing / experiences with liquid kratom and the strength/consequences of it.

Very mild, lasts only a day or two if you stick to plain leaf, this is after a year of about an oz a day.

Last edited:
Everyone seems to have different experiences. But the people that say it's really bad (worse than all opiates) firmly stand by it. And I have to agree. I had a year long habit with random daily amounts (usually very high), and my wd process was grueling. Granted, I'm a very extreme case on how much I took.

The most important tip is to stay away from the condensed liquid kratom. The small liquid shots are becoming very popular and they are a lot stronger than the powder/capsules. I would take numerous liquid doses a day, and that's why detoxing was so bad. Kratom detox is mentally and physically taxing but the worst part is how random and tricky the process can be. All experienced "detoxers" know the value of night milestones. Specific nights have specific expectancies. When you reach a certain night you know "it's gonna be rough" or "from here it gets easier". Most opiate detoxers know making it to night 4-5 is a huge step. But kratom gets into your brain in such a way that the detox is smoke and mirrors. Night 1 is fine. Night 3 is torture. Night 5 is fine, but night 7 is torture. You think your good and then your not. It takes time to cleanse from it, mentally especially. I know this is depressing and extreme, but people need to know that the detox is no joke, especially if your at a high dose for a lengthy period.

And just like all difficult processes, life makes them even harder. Having a job, is what makes the cleansing process so drawn out. Ideally everyone would want to just take two weeks, go the gym, eat healthy, sweat it out, and just battle through this in one shot at home. But people have lives and have to be able to function. I couldn't function at work going through kratom wd, which is why I had to try an annoying and drawn out taper.

I had surgery on my jaw and had it wired shut for 2 months. And was off from work. So really the extreme boredom took over, and the only type of kratom I could take was liquid (couldn't open my mouth with jaw wiring). That's how I dug myself into a hole.

Save yourself now and don't add the liquids to your regiment. The strength/dosage of them is never clearly portrayed, but from my experience they are as strong as 15 premium capsules. With a lot of added alkaloids. The small opms brand one (dark thick liquid) is by far the strongest, and if you try it you'll know right away what I'm talking about.

Tapering is tough, getting from 10g to 2g is easy/don't even notice the change. But from 2g to 0 is a war of attrition. Moral of the story: don't underestimate the power of Kratom.....especially the condensed liquids!! I had such a strong urge to write all this because I'm not seeing a lot of writing / experiences with liquid kratom and the strength/consequences of it.

100% agree about that particular brand's liquid kratom. It's extremely potent; the strongest kratom I've gotten by far. Duration of action makes it a complete waste of money.

However, a large part of my almost two years of kratom use was using primarily that stuff, and when I finally had to deal with the withdrawal it was still very minor compared to the hell that is heroin/oxycodone withdrawal. I was able to work and function, as uncomfortable as it was. There is not a chance in hell I could have worked going through heroin withdrawal. Impossible.

I guess it's possible some people's kratom withdrawals are more severe, but I just can't comprehend it being anything remotely close to traditional opioid withdrawal.

Yeah I was at a point doing 2-3 of that specific liquid per day, which is pretty extreme. And that's why I'm certain it was more difficult than the normal kratom detox.

Never expected these type of consequences from kratom, which is why the process was so frustrating.

There's a good chance many of those extracts really contain O-desmethyltramadol. Tramadol WD is way worse than Kratom IMO