• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom W/D

jalex11

Greenlighter
I know this topic has probably been covered numerous times but I just wanted to get some input on my personal experience.
I have been taking 16g powdered Maeng Da every 24 hours for the past 4 months. My intentions with Kratom were to ease withdrawals from a heavy Hydrocodone habit, which it has served its purpose. Unsurprisingly Kratom worked very well and quickly became a substitute, an expensive one at that.
At this point there are numerous reasons why I need to stop but the main reasons are that I feel like it is affecting my job. Instead of making me energized and more focused it just makes me feel anxious and nervous at work. Being a hairstylist that will not do for me. Along with that, I will be relocating to NYC in less than a month and that just amplifies the aforementioned reason to quit.
I had previously been deathly afraid to withdrawal, expecting withdrawals to be comparable to what I have gone through with hydros in the past. Yesterday was my first full day without any Maeng Da. I prepared myself for hell but I actually felt amazing and clear headed. When I woke up yesterday I took 4 lopes, 2 5-HTP, B-vitamins, and 1 capsule of Vietnam Kratom and I ate appropriately throughout the day.
This morning I woke up and so far I feel as good as yesterday, I took the same regimen and I am hoping for a repeat.
What I am curious about is if things should get worse or do you think this is pretty much it?
Also, I am taking only 1 capsule of Vietnam Kratom with hopes that it would help to stave off any extra symptoms. I must mention that I don't like how VT kratom feels at higher doses, so I will not increase that dosage, only stop once I know I am in the clear.

If one capsule is holding you, then your withdrawal shouldn't be anything to be scared of. Maybe do 1 cap a day for 5 days and then jump off?