• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom VS Buprenorphine

DeathIndustrial88

Bluelighter
Which do you feel gives more euphoria/opiate-like effects?

I have tried several different kinds of kratom over the past 10 years and felt absolutely nothing resembling an opioid high. Not to mention consuming it made me very sick to my stomach. Like I was digesting bits of broken glass.

I have been on buprenorphine for the past 4-5 years. Before that, my drug of choice was heroin & various pain pills for over a decade.

Bupe was excellent in the beginning. I actually got a nice warm glow from it and it killed my cravings, even for alcohol.

But now after 5 years, bupe might as well be placebo. I've tried everything, from high doses to low doses and I generally just feel dysphoric and non-perceptible effects from it. So my cravings for drugs are returning full force.

However my old heroin dealer went to prison for murder and I recently moved. So I have no connections. I have been contemplating trying kratom again, but feel it will be a waste of my money, especially with how much bupe has probably fucked up my receptors and raised my tolerance.

Getting on methadone isn't a viable option at the moment as I do not live close enough to a clinic to go every single day.

I am wondering if anyone here finds kratom euphoric or similiar to traditional opiates and prefers it over bupe? Or anyone who prefers bupe over kratom.

I'm indecisive, but I can't live with my cravings every day anymore.

i think both are similarly subtle. i would choose kratom over bupre anyday as it is less of a bitch IME/O to get off of. just opinion, here.
be well, friend
<3

i think both are similarly subtle. i would choose kratom over bupre anyday as it is less of a bitch IME/O to get off of. just opinion, here.
be well, friend
<3

Thank you for your perspective. :)
I'll most likely be on an opioid for life, so coming off isn't much of a worry at the moment. Although I'm starting to wonder that if bupe is not gonna help my cravings then maybe I should come off of it. Maybe neither bupe or kratom are good choices for my cravings unfortunately.
Cheers! :)

I'm sorry bro, but I don't think that due to your tolerance kratom produces any euphoria. But it might help you with motivation, energy, and mood.

I have heard that kratom in high doses induce nasty effects.

I did heroin on and off for about 10 years and Bupe always felt great to me. Not as good as methadone but still offered enough of a opiate high to produce euphoria and the ever elusive Nod. Kratom felt “okay” when I first tried it. Gave me a slight glow and warmth but lasted only about 40 minutes at most and wasn’t enough for me to want more. Also the inconsistency of kratom pissed me off. You have to take it on an empty stomach to feel anything and even doing this it was either I would feel something or absolutely nothing at all. Eventually I gave up on kratom and only use poppy seed tea now from time to time when I want an opiate high. So for me kratom is useless and compared to bupe it’s not even close

with no opioid tolerance I would say 20-30g of kratom is stronger

WITH opioid tolerance bupe definitely

I think people underestimate how high kratom can get you if you have absolutely no opioid tolerance... I've had many full on nods that lasted for hours on high dose kratom with no tolerance.... the problem is the simultaneous stimulation

kratom is literally a mini herbal speedball with no tolerance.... it's great (to an extent).

with no opioid tolerance I would say 20-30g of kratom is stronger

WITH opioid tolerance bupe definitely

I think people underestimate how high kratom can get you if you have absolutely no opioid tolerance... I've had many full on nods that lasted for hours on high dose kratom with no tolerance.... the problem is the simultaneous stimulation

kratom is literally a mini herbal speedball with no tolerance.... it's great (to an extent).

You seem to be a man who knows what he's talking about.

So I'll ask you, do you consider that 2 years of almost daily Tramadol (300-2000 mg.), sporadically Tapentadol (300-1200 mg.) and Codeine (100-400 mg.) is considered opioid tolerance? Or maybe being weak opioids my tolerance is not so screwed up.

Could I get high from the kratom with my tolerance?

You seem to be a man who knows what he's talking about.

So I'll ask you, do you consider that 2 years of almost daily Tramadol (300-2000 mg.), sporadically Tapentadol (300-1200 mg.) and Codeine (100-400 mg.) is considered opioid tolerance? Or maybe being weak opioids my tolerance is not so screwed up.

Could I get high from the kratom with my tolerance?

I can't comment on tramadol or tapentadol. Sorry. Never tried tramadol, and only tried tianeptine.

Former heroin addict but never tried either of those.

And I would say, generally, no. I was purely speaking about ZERO opioid tolerance from any drug.

WITH some tolerance, yeah, you can get a buzz off kratom.... but nothing near what I was talking about.

I can't comment on tramadol or tapentadol. Sorry. Never tried tramadol, and only tried tianeptine.

Former heroin addict but never tried either of those.

And I would say, generally, no. I was purely speaking about ZERO opioid tolerance from any drug.

WITH some tolerance, yeah, you can get a buzz off kratom.... but nothing near what I was talking about.

I have the impression that Kratom would not cause me euphoria. Although there is a study that says tramadol does not produce cross-tolerance with other opioids but, in my experience, this is false, since when I took tapentadol and buprenorphine, I need higher doses than recommended.

Maybe I will need higher doses> 10 grams but I am afraid to puking everything.

Although I would be satisfied if it gives me a motivation like that of caffeine (but without anxiety and jiterry) and that it elevates my depressed mood a bit.

I have the impression that Kratom would not cause me euphoria. Although there is a study that says tramadol does not produce cross-tolerance with other opioids but, in my experience, this is false, since when I took tapentadol and buprenorphine, I need higher doses than recommended.

Maybe I will need higher doses> 10 grams but I am afraid to puking everything.

yeah... it really takes me at least 12+g for me to get an actual good buzz on kratom

these days I will take ~15g.... once per day.... (take every 2nd day off to moderate tolerance!!))

trust me it's no hard opioid experience.... but it's also enough that I've been addicted to this shit for like 7 years and 15g will give me some notable euphoria even with tolerance

if I chain smoke during a drug's effects.... it means it's good and euphoric... at least in my book

and trust me I chain smoke for a few hours after taking kratom

I did heroin on and off for about 10 years and Bupe always felt great to me. Not as good as methadone but still offered enough of a opiate high to produce euphoria and the ever elusive Nod. Kratom felt “okay” when I first tried it. Gave me a slight glow and warmth but lasted only about 40 minutes at most and wasn’t enough for me to want more. Also the inconsistency of kratom pissed me off. You have to take it on an empty stomach to feel anything and even doing this it was either I would feel something or absolutely nothing at all. Eventually I gave up on kratom and only use poppy seed tea now from time to time when I want an opiate high. So for me kratom is useless and compared to bupe it’s not even close

Same here, even after doing heroin and other full agonists for the same amount of years you mentioned, bupe still managed to be pretty heavenly in the very beginning. It had that nice stimulating feel to it and lasted all day until I went to bed. Totally satisfied my cravings for heroin. Hell I even purposely chose to buy bupe toward the end of those 10 years cause it satisfied my brain and was cheaper (on the street). I eventually went onto maintenance so I could do it the right way and of course have been on it for almost 5 years now. But now I'd give anything to be back on heroin (I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing lol) but I need that mental satisfaction to get on with life. It still surprises me some days that my bupe will give me a random nice glow, but I'd say that's about 1-2 random days in a month, if that. The rest of the time it's not very perceptible unless I smoke cannabis with it, then I'll actually get a nice warmth and nod going on.

Maybe all these years on bupe rendered kratom incompatible with me as well. Bupe is pretty potent, i'll give it that.

Thanks for sharing your experience. (y)(y)(y)

How does poppy seed tea work for you?
I've been taking kratom to come off heroin, but I can't tell if I'm withdrawing from kratom or dope. Curious about the poppy tea.