• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom Question

Bloodborne1

Bluelighter
How is Kratom when used with opioids? Can it be used to potentiate opiates? Looking to get some info on combining the two and the time of administrations to achieve most desired effects.

Every time i've combined other opioids with kratom it just leads to bad side effects, mostly headaches and nausea. We don't really do, "how to get high" threads here.

It's better if you just take one opiate at a time, the effects are more predictable.

AFAIK most the alkaloids found in kratom are partial agonists with very high binding affinities, so this probably won't work well, it would almost be like trying to potentiate other opioids with buprenorphine. If the IA is low enough it could theoretically cause PWD although I don't know of any reports of this happening.

We really try to stick more directly to Harm Reduction in this forum as opposed to "how to I do blank to achieved my desired effect". You just need to be responsible with dosing your respective drugs in order to avoid over-sedation and from that point, it's your decision to decide what you like best.

I have tried combining kratom with some opioids like tramadol and bupe with positive results. You would think the bupe would block the kratom but it doesn't seem to, from my experience. I've never tried with heavier opioids. I don't think there would be a point really. Whats kratom gonna do when you're nodding off heroin?

I have tried combining kratom with some opioids like tramadol and bupe with positive results. You would think the bupe would block the kratom but it doesn't seem to, from my experience. I've never tried with heavier opioids. I don't think there would be a point really. Whats kratom gonna do when you're nodding off heroin?

Well bupe's binding affinity is 1.5 nM, the binding affinity of Mitragynine pseudoindoxyl is 0.8 nM(lower number means higher affinity), so assuming it has similar or higher intrinsic activity then this makes perfect sense. Although other alkaloids may have a lower binding affinity than bupe and are blocked.

Last edited:
Oh man Ive been taking tramadol and kratom for a long time and I bounce back and forth between the two, but take them at the same time and I feel like shit. As far as kratom with stronger opiates/opioids, I bet the kratom gets completely drowned out, or you get negative effects from the kratom. But then again I use kratom to replace not supplement.

Repeat. I'm not in love with the overall concept of this thread and have pretty much viewed it as a "how do I get higher" thread. If something pops up that I feel takes it in a more legitimate direction, we will keep it open, otherwise we're going to close it.

I?m sorry. My wording was incorrect. I?m just basically trying to find safe ways to combine opiates with kratom. I potentiate my opioids every time, and I?ve only ever used Kratom if I ran out of my pills before I can refill the next month?s script. So, I?m not asking how to get higher. Just properly potentiation. I.e. There?s a million threads on ?take grapefruit and Benadryl 30 minutes prior to opioids for results.? However, there?s nothing on Kratom so I wanted some discussion

I hear you. The big problem is that Kratom is not a regulated pharmaceutical and considering how drugs "age" and research becomes more and more available, Kratom is in its infancy. We would have a very hard time giving you and information other than something like "be careful and go slow". There seems to be some very vague consensuses regarding different strains of Kratom and their relative potency, but even this knowledge is completely basic. You aren't going to be able to get anything better than what I've stated above unless you decide to have your plant product lab analyzed.