• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom Megathread V.6

@devilsgospel
I?ve only been taking kratom since this November or December so it?s hard for me to say. I will say that about 3 1/2 weeks ago I started taking an ultra enhanced indo which I first totally thought was the bomb. Now I feel like I need to take way more of it to get the same effect. So I was actually wondering if the subsequent batches they sent me had been stomped on a little. However, I do think my tolerance has been slowly increasing, unfortunately.
I made my own tincture a couple weeks ago and I?ve discovered that this is by far the way to go. It?s so much cheaper for me to buy a kilo online and concentrate it to the potency I need.
Of course though there?s been this salmonella scare recently and I wonder how much that might be affecting all of this.

Hard to say. I don't like Kratom as much as I used to (even after a ~3 months break), but it is hard to identify the causes for that. I definitely prefer stashes/brands with less opioid/more adrenergic effects. And those seem to be rare at the moment.

But your observation/impression could totally be true, i.e. that some batches are significantly inferior in alkaloid content, because of a bad harvest/failed bio engineering/lacing in Asia.

Okay this might be an odd question, but has anyone else noticed a serious drop in potency lately (this year)? I recently (maybe a month ago) started using Kratom again after many weeks clean from all opioids. I've been through maybe 6 different batches and strains since I picked it back up and I don't feel any of it. At most it relaxes my mind and calms me down, and even those feelings are impossible to distinguish from a possible placebo effect.

I tried an old stash from last year and practically nodded out on my couch. Anything from this year (2018) is basically inactive to me. I feel like a moron for spending $200+ on bags of dirt.

It certainly smells, tastes and looks (although it's much finer and powdery) like Kratom. I've drank it in juice, toss and washed, and tried multiple different tea recipes. I still continue to ingest it for the minor/imagined relaxing effects. So far no adverse effects. What gives?

No, I haven't found that. To the contrary, the kratom I've used this year seems to work better than in years past. Have you tried switching vendors? Maybe your supplier has just gone downhill in quality.

I'm kind of getting nervous again about whether or not my Kratom usage could be causing prostate enlargement and wondering if anyone else has experienced this or heard of any Kratom users getting it.

I don't freak out like I used to but my having more trouble pissing, though it's increased over the years, is worse now that I've started using Kratom again.

If anyone has the time, please check my post from the health forum.

No, I haven't found that. To the contrary, the kratom I've used this year seems to work better than in years past. Have you tried switching vendors? Maybe your supplier has just gone downhill in quality.

Same here. This years Kratom is as strong or stronger than ever and I do quite a bit of Kratom.
Change vendors.

I'm kind of getting nervous again about whether or not my Kratom usage could be causing prostate enlargement and wondering if anyone else has experienced this or heard of any Kratom users getting it.

I don't freak out like I used to but my having more trouble pissing, though it's increased over the years, is worse now that I've started using Kratom again.

If anyone has the time, please check my post from the health forum.

Do you experience more difficulty urinating while you?re actually on kratom? I?ve noticed that I have difficulty sometimes as well, especially if I?m on a good dose. I think I remember this happening while I was on other opiates/opioids as well. I know they can constipate you so I wonder if there?s a connection. But I think the urinating problem is just a temporary thing while it?s still in your system. I also get this problem when I smoke weed sometimes. But I?m no doctor; this is all anecdotal. Maybe you need to see your doctor. Best of luck to you!

Yes, it's common for people to have difficulty urinating while using opioids. This doesn't necessarily indicate prostate problems as it can just be a side effect of opioid use.

Constipation from opioids can also put physical pressure on the prostate which can also cause problems with urination.

Though the only way to know what's going on for sure is to get examined by a doctor. Prostate exams are a bit uncomfortable but worth it for piece of mind. Once you reach a certain age you should be getting regular exams anyways considering how common prostate problems are for men as they age.

Do you experience more difficulty urinating while you?re actually on kratom? I?ve noticed that I have difficulty sometimes as well, especially if I?m on a good dose. I think I remember this happening while I was on other opiates/opioids as well. I know they can constipate you so I wonder if there?s a connection. But I think the urinating problem is just a temporary thing while it?s still in your system. I also get this problem when I smoke weed sometimes. But I?m no doctor; this is all anecdotal. Maybe you need to see your doctor. Best of luck to you!

Yes I just realized that it is usually when I'm on Kratom much more so then when I'm not, and since I've been doing it a lot lately it makes sense.

I'm not sure if it happens on the days I don't take it, and I'm not going to take it for the next 2 days, so I'll pay attention to see if I have less trouble, but I think even if I did that it could be a little remaining in my system cause the alkaloids can take a while to get fully flushed out so I probably wouldn't know for sure it wasn't have an effect unless I abstained for like 4 or more days in a row.

Of course, I have also generally found myself to start pissing more slowly over the past few years even while not on Kratom, but nothing in comparison to how bad it's been in the past 4 weeks or so since i started using again after a 7 week break.

So I think maybe my prostate might be getting slightly enlarged but not too bad, and now I was thinking it suddenly got so much worse simply cause I've been on Kratom.

Thanks guys, this calms me down a bit.

I mean of course I should eventually go to the doctor, but at least I know that 50% or more of what I've been experiencing is because of the acute effects of being under the influence an opioid, and not some sudden long term damage done by the Kratom.

It's probably like 70% Kratom, and another 30% that I might have a small issue regardless, but now that I know opioids cause this problem it's easier to relax about it.

I've been dosing more than I think I should (4 days a week usually and about 3-4 doses of 6-7 grams on those days) and yet, even the days I abstain I rarely notice much if any real WD effects.

I do think they show up more than second day, and Friday was the second day I'd abstained in a while, but the most I got was that I was a bit sleepier than usual but after I had more coffee and got busy doing a task it went away and I didn't have sniffles so that to me signals it wasn't "real" WD, but in the past I'd have had WD symptoms show up by that time, and most here seem to think that WD would show up by the second day of abstainance, if not within hours of the last dose.

What I am wondering is, that I'm fatter than I had been when I used to have more WD from Kratom, but not THAT much fatter, so could it be that the amount I'm dosing on the day I use is like stored in my extra fat so that it would actually take THREE or more days of abstaining IN A ROW for withdrawal to show up now that I'm heavier, or is this not how Kratom works?

Do Kratom alkaloids from past days of dosing get stored in fat tissue to prolong the amount of time it would take before someone would go into WD?

I'm 5'8 and in pretty good shape and strong but still about 35lbs overweight at about 198lbs, so is there anyone here who is 35lbs or more overweight who uses Kratom and who finds they would have gone into withdrawal before hitting that 48 hour mark without Kratom?

Seems most here say that whatever WD you are going to feel will at least SHOW UP at first by the 48 hour mark, though how long it would take to go away is a different question, but in the past I could never get away with what I have been doing lately and yet, my WD on days off seems either non-existent or extremely minimal.

I really like it...BUT...Kratom is weird and as I'm finding out, biochemical changes cause it to have different effects, so I feel I need to make myself stick to certain rules of how often I dose REGARDLESS of whether or not I am CURRENTLY getting away with breaking those rules, cause if I lose some weight or trying a different strain or something changes I could easily imagine the WD coming back with a vengeance.

But if anyone else agrees that it's unusual for anyone who is 35lbs--40lbs overweight to barely feel any WD within 48 hours of abstaining and STILL be addicted...as if it would suddenly get really bad on day 3 or 4, then let me know please......

You know I have always considered myself a red strain man, but this new batch of green zareena I have been digging into is nice :) The first green I have really enjoyed. It makes for a great morning strain. I recently switched up vendors and could not be happier with the quality increase. This Thai red horn is nice too. Very relaxing. Definitely a good nighttime strain.

Mycophile, I would think at the 48 hour mark you would be feeling at least some kind of withdrawal if you are going to feel any at all.

You know I have always considered myself a red strain man, but this new batch of green zareena I have been digging into is nice :) The first green I have really enjoyed. It makes for a great morning strain. I recently switched up vendors and could not be happier with the quality increase. This Thai red horn is nice too. Very relaxing. Definitely a good nighttime strain.

Mycophile, I would think at the 48 hour mark you would be feeling at least some kind of withdrawal if you are going to feel any at all.

So would you say that if I was only feeling a little tiny bit on the 2nd day without that it's not all that likely I'd be feeling a whole lot more on the 3rd or 4th day?

I'm just trying to figure it if it's necessary to force myself to go 3-4 days without to see if any WD symptoms would show up to be sure I'm not dependent on the moment.

So would you say that if I was only feeling a little tiny bit on the 2nd day without that it's not all that likely I'd be feeling a whole lot more on the 3rd or 4th day?

I'm just trying to figure it if it's necessary to force myself to go 3-4 days without to see if any WD symptoms would show up to be sure I'm not dependent on the moment.

Hmm I don't know man. I have been through kratom withdrawal a few different times and in my experience usually the third and fourth days are the most difficult. But if you are only feeling slight withdrawal 48 hours after your last dose I wouldn't expect it to be all that intense.

Hmm I don't know man. I have been through kratom withdrawal a few different times and in my experience usually the third and fourth days are the most difficult. But if you are only feeling slight withdrawal 48 hours after your last dose I wouldn't expect it to be all that intense.

Yeah I honestly don't think I'm more than very slightly dependent at all now.

Good thing I'm out and more shouldn't arrive till the end of the week at least so now I can certainly go 3 days in a row without at which point I definitely think I'll be sure since it's never taken that long to show up.

I mean I don't dose everyday but I broke one of my cardinal rules today which was to dose 5 days in a single week (BAD idea IMO and I almost never allow myself to go more than 4 when in fact 2 or 3 would be better...) I don't know why I'm getting so lucky these days as to not get barely any Kratom WD but I hope it continues.

How often do you dose and are you dependent on Kratom right now?

When was the last time you went 2-4 days without dosing?

Nausea is gone now and I take about one full tablespoon. It seems kratom no longer works on me ;( Before self medicating, I tried everything and it all failed so when I say I got nothing to lose take me seriously ;)

I?ve been into making kratom extract tinctures for several weeks now with good success. But I?ve noticed there?s these bits of black/very dark brown sludge that forms in it during the evaporation process. My guess is that it?s just some useless plant material. But does anyone know for sure what it is? Can I just filter it out or shouldn?t I?
Also, does anyone know for sure if it makes a big difference in potency whether you let it sit in the alcohol for say a week versus a month?
Thanks!

if I'm planning on using kratom to help with opiate detox and withdrawl, how long after my last use can or should I start using the kratom?

if using kratom for opiate detox and withdrawl, how long should I wait to take kratom after last use

if using kratom for opiate detox and withdrawl, how long should I wait to take kratom after last use
I?m not exactly an expert on the subject but I was addicted to heroin 19 years ago and then opioid pills 8 years ago. Now I?m in the process of getting addicted to kratom.
I would think that if you have some kratom ready to go then you could take some once you start to feel uncomfortable enough to feel like you need it. But if you?re new to it then it could take you some time until you figure out what dosage works for you. Another thing to consider is the vendor, source, quality, strain, and whether it?s regular strength or an extract. Also, the method you use to take it.
If you?re using it to legit kick opioids then you should be very careful as to plan out a good tapering schedule and stick to it.
Best of luck to you!~

Females can get difficulty urinating from opioids as well, so I'm not sure what the mechanism is. Can't just be prostate or it would affect us girls. I think it's just that it dries up all secretions and slows down all bodily functions. I don't have that symptom particularly but my best friend, who passed away some years ago from the consequences of this thing, just about couldn't pee at all when she was smacked back.

WITHOUT naming vendors (so I don't think I'm breaking rules here and if I am someone let me know...I've never heard of rules saying we can't mention credit card companies or pay pal...) has anyone had problems ordering Kratom using Visas, Mastercards or paypal lately?

Is this true?

Has anyone successfully ordered Kratom (don't name the vendor...) from any vendor within the past few weeks using a Visa or Mastercard NOT through a paypal account? Thanks.

I was ordering from my usual vendor I believe with a Mastercard--I've never used paypal to buy it. They stopped shipping a month or two ago, claiming the "salmonella scare." I didn't expect them to come back so i tried a couple of other places. One I believe took credit cards but their product was crap. I'm using it to finish off a Suboxone taper, if possible. I tapered down to a super low dose, like 1/8 of a 2mg strip daily, but when I tried to get all the way off I went into withdrawals that wouldn't stop. I also have chronic pain issues, which makes it impossible to sleep without something for pain. And I did get relief from the first company's kratom. Then I tried another that was recommended from the AKA that sent me a TON of samples of various kinds. I was getting some relief from it but then increased my Sub some and my tolerance went up so it's not doing much right now. I believe they required an eCheck from my bank. Tonight I saw that company #1 was back in business, sort of. They are only shipping powdered extracts, which I cap myself. If I try to take it any other way it makes me nauseous, but caps are fine. They also only take Bitcoin, COD FedEx, and eChecks now. I've used eChecks for things for a long time so don't worry too much about it. I'm hoping to try to quit the Sub using kratom, but we'll see. So far it hasn't worked. My doctor is retiring, though, and I live in a small town that makes it pretty difficult to get here. I'm keeping my fingers crossed! :)