• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Kratom low dose withdrawal

plumbus-nine

Bluelighter
I've been on 5-15g Kratom per day for around half a year at least and run out two days ago, decided to see how much of a problem it'd be to stay without the Kratom. Even when I didn't get real acute effects anymore I would have continued if I had some here.

Now first, no opioid w/d symptoms, thankfully. But the nervousity is annoying, what can help taking that away without continuing opioid use? Don't know if I should get memantine which helped me a great deal when quitting morphine but it makes me even more rest and sleepless. DXM doesn't work anymore since I overdid dissociatives, it's a psychotic mess now. Tramadol would probably only worsen the situation.

Any ideas?

Hey, bro.
Can ya give it another day? I find that the "discomforts" pass relatively quickly when off kratom but not all experience this. For me after two days of no kratom I start leveling out but by the third day all seems ok.
I know this isnt the answer looked for but something. ;)
Do y ou happen to have any muscle relaxers around? Or some strong indica weed? I dont get the nervousness but do feel "flat" for a coupla days after stopping.

Thanks, good to know that Kratom wd isn't as long lasting as from real opioids. Actually I don't feel bad but pretty nervous. No weed unfortunately, was never into that as it gives me anxiety. Maybe I'll going to try pregabalin, I found that and Kratom to share some cross tolerance, went off 600mf/d flawlessly with Kratom.

pregabalin
That should definitely work. lol
Keep posting on this as I am just curious how it goes for you. Are we planning to not use kratom anymore?
So Inposted that my experience with kratom wd was minimal but this is for lower dose use as you describe. Those on higher doses have reported ungodly wd that are even worse than opioids. I tend to believe this as I feel kratom does indeed hit many areas of our chemistry. Some actions I am sure we do not even know about. If we hammer on a whole lot of receptors for extended periods sever withdrawals could ensue as it is like dropping several substances instead of just the one. I have never experienced this wd and would be fine if I did not. :)
I think we have discussed the feeling of poly drug effects from one substance in the past so if its all repeat forgive?
Peace

I’ve never had bad withdrawals when staying in the dosage range you’re taking. It’s mild to non existent. Give it a couple more days and you should be back to normal. Physical activity, exercise, staying busy will take your mind off the mild discomfort.

I’ve never had bad withdrawals when staying in the dosage range you’re taking. It’s mild to non existent. Give it a couple more days and you should be back to normal. Physical activity, exercise, staying busy will take your mind off the mild discomfort.
I find yard work does wonders for mild withdrawals, get out in the garden mow the lawn weed the grass, whatever

I don't have a garden but try to go walking every day at least.

Actually I didn't get the pregabalin and waited some more days as you told me, now most is indeed gone but part seems to be just natural restlessness from doing too little with my time. Before I slept like 12+h, now I'm awake at 7am and don't know what to do lol. With morphine this was even worse and in other times I'd welcomed waking up early but my life isn't exactly amazing atm..