• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom Leaf Explained

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
So basically I’m quitting oxycodone and although the withdrawal is non existent I’ve been thinking about replacing it with Kratom for time being.
I just wanted someone with a little more knowledge to explain to me if I’m correct in assuming that all “strains” of Kratom are just marketing tactics based loosely on place of origin, and the only real bearing on the strains is how healthy the plant is from the growing spots soil and nutrients in said locations soil. I’ve tried all different kinds. (Headshop to Kratom Vender to Kratom Retail) and I like it but I have a feeling the white is only the plant before it matures to green and reds are a fully mature plant. That being said is it safe to use with 200 mg of 5htp ? I 5htp 100mg twice a day split into 2 doses.

Reds. Red Borneo and Maeng Da were my favorites depending on the vendor. I'm not 100% how many vendors are misleading us, and the understanding of the vein type and plant maturity is still up in the air. Some people swear by greens. Few like whites except those looking for a stim type high. My understanding is that whites are weakest as opiod agonists and therefore you get more of a feel for the stim aspect of kratom that is usually masked by the more pronounced opiod effect in reds and greens. But yeah, I found one or two vendors I liked and was getting very high quality kilograms at a very fair price until I decided to quit for quality of life reasons.

Reds. Get reds.

I would take 5HTP sometimes with kratom and never noted a negative interaction. My doses of kratom were between 2-7 grams daily for almost 4 years. It was for the most part a reliable and versatile pain killer, euphoriant and stimulant. You just gotta find a solid dude on the web to mail you good stuff.

To be honest your right I should probably just stay off it all together. And only use if needed for pain
Are you in pain at all? If you are quitting oxy for the sake of getting off opiates I hope you realize kratom is just as addictive, it's just another opioid.

The different strains have different ratios of the two major alkaloids (mitragynine and 7-HO-mitragynine), as well as differing minor alkaloids that haven't been studied much. 7-HO-mitragynine is the stronger opioid. Although to some extent, it is a marketing thing (they can call it whatever they want), there is definitely a difference between reds, greens, and whites.

If you don't need it, you should stay off. Kratom is okay but it's an opioid and produces withdrawals when used daily. It also is very short-acting so when you're a heavy user (which it is easy to become), you start withdrawing after like 5 hours from dosing, it sucks. It has the worst restlessness of any opioid I've been addicted to, though the other symptoms aren't as bad.

In an answer to your real question I found they're all pretty much the same but the green strains seemed to be consistently worse than others.

I've been addicted to kratom for the better part of three years, it's a shitty drug to be addicted to. The side effects suck and after awhile it has no positive effect even at high doses.

If you need to use it for pain then I understand continuing to use opioids but if you can, you'll be much better off going without.

Yeah, I've got tons of good weed strains to try right now anyways.. and I don't experience quite the pleasure I got from oxy from kratom oddly, kratom just makes me feel spaced out and dizzy even at 1.5 gram doses, so like everyone has been recommending I think ima just kick rocks with the opioids.. I see a lot of your stories, the main thing I take from them all, is opiates have a very blurred line where it goes from pain relief/fun/get shit done to your sick and you need it.

So basically I’m quitting oxycodone and although the withdrawal is non existent I’ve been thinking about replacing it with Kratom for time being.
I just wanted someone with a little more knowledge to explain to me if I’m correct in assuming that all “strains” of Kratom are just marketing tactics based loosely on place of origin, and the only real bearing on the strains is how healthy the plant is from the growing spots soil and nutrients in said locations soil. I’ve tried all different kinds. (Headshop to Kratom Vender to Kratom Retail) and I like it but I have a feeling the white is only the plant before it matures to green and reds are a fully mature plant. That being said is it safe to use with 200 mg of 5htp ? I 5htp 100mg twice a day split into 2 doses.
Why go to anything if the withdrawals are nonexistent? Just jump and be happy you don't have to go through the hell that they are!!

I wanna thank everyone for being straight up with me and telling me just be done with it. It’s just so hard sometimes to not rationalize my emotional pain manifesting in physical and using that as an excuse to use again. But luckily I got 4 stick strains of weed to keep me occupied if a buzz is wanted. Lol I love y’all blue light thanks once again

Absolutely, that's what we're here for. If you need to get something off your chest/vent we have a recovery forums suited for that stuff.

Good luck moving forward

I’m correct in assuming that all “strains” of Kratom are just marketing tactics based loosely on place of origin, and the only real bearing on the strains is how healthy the plant is from the growing spots soil and nutrients in said locations soil.
No and yes.

The different strains have diff effect's. Some will effect you better other's will not.

Yes the soil will have consekwensis for the health, taste and probably the ammount of alkaloids. But that last one I am not sure of. Some plant's are capable of producing more alkaloid's when the cirumstances are poor.

I will definitely second the idea of just giving it all up for real instead of stringing yourself along with kratom. It's not a satisfying addiction and itll eat up a lot of money. If you're this close you should consider quitting opiods altogether. ✌

I failed. But one day at a time I cut my eyebrow open playing with my dog. Lol I swear as soon I stop dealing with opiates I start getting legit hurt involuntarily. Lol oh well. I hope all your days are well