• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc kratom - is it possible to get down to one dose a day?

xivixive

Bluelighter
i have been taking kratom in 10-15 gram doses 4-5 times a day.

yesterday i dosed 8 grams at 9pm, then took 400mg pregabalin at 11pm to get through my overnight shift. instead of kratom on my lunch break i took 100mg more at 3am, and instead of kratom when i got home i took 100mg at 8am then went to bed. when i woke up at 4pm i was slightly shakey, had minor chills/sweats, and moderate whole body rls. i took 9 grams of kratom. so that was 19 hours without any. two hours later i took 200mg pregabalin. i am attempting to not take anymore kratom until i wake up tomorrow afternoon for a full 24 hours without.

i would like to get down to 10grams per day. either in one dose of 10 when i wake up, or 5 when i wake and 5 before work 8 hours later.

do you think this is possible, to only take one dose a day? or will i always have WD symptoms requiring additional doses? how long will it take to stabilize on only 1 dose per day?

Yeah you should be able to do that. I suggest going with the 5 and 5 instead of the 10g at once though, it will alleviate the RLS at night and the crappy feeling in the morning. If you decide to do the 10g dose instead of the 5 and 5, I would try to make sure that the dose is taken in the mid-afternoon. This will help the inevitable insomnia and RLS that will begin when you try to sleep.

How long have you been taking kratom btw?

Mr. Deeds

been taking it since january, started at 10g once a day... got up to 70g daily... down to about 50g daily... aggressively trying to stop now.

went 19 hours without yesterday, dosing pregab at 200mg when feeling wd creep up. went 9 hours without either, 8 of which i slept, but when i woke up my brain felt like it was going to explode, just an overloaded feeling of anxiety... took 8g kratom and 2 hours later 400mg lyrica. i'm off from work today, so going to attempt no kratom at all. probly get pretty tossed on pregab but if i can make it over 24hrs without kratom i'm gonna run with it and go for the gusto of none at all. wishful thinking maybe... we'll see..

the mental effects of WD are way more extreme then i expected. i have withdrawn from heroin, a crazy PST habit of several pounds a day, oxymorphone, oxycodone, buprenorphine, methadone, hydrocodone, morphine... the kratom wd are up there with PST as far as the body being in actual pain goes, expcept with even more mental anguish. unbelievable a substance with such benign effects has such a brutal WD, crazy...

It's definately possible, if you don't want to quit but maintain a lower dose just taper slowly to your preferred dose. I think if you maybe have an eye on quitting for good sometime in the future it'd be better to limit intake to one time of the day (evening maybe) so even if you continue you won't be on it all the time.
I've only ever dosed in the evening (but then repeated doses) but reduced my intake by quite a bit.

Personally I was never able to do it, I always ended up in bad withdrawals after 10-12 hours, I was taking ~40+ grams a day split into 3-4 doses. My method has been to chop .5-1.0g off each individual dose, withdrawals are very minor if done like this.

If you aren't on a time crunch you might want to go with the same number of doses but with reduced individual dosages. It made sleep and a day job possible without feeling like total shit. I'm currently down 5-7 grams a day and plan to jump off soon. It has been relatively (physically) painless but it has also taken me 2 months to get this far.

Also I agree, the mental side effects of kratom AND kratom withdrawal are absolutely brutal, thick mental fog, suicidal ideation, extreme depression/anxiety, etc. Whether i'm taking it or not I feel like i'm in my own personal hell all the time, it's gotten better now that i'm down to a lower dose.

Keep up the taper no matter how you do it and stay strong, it will get better in time.

Last edited:
^I have found this to be the case as well. The physical symptoms are bad at the 50g/day mark but they are not excruciating like opiates. But the mental hell that the WD puts you through is unbelievable. It's similar to a nicotine/caffeine WD in the sense of your mind telling you "I NEED my kratom NOW!!!" but the depression and anxiety are 3x worse than nicotine and caffeine. Plus the mental anguish only makes the physical symptoms feel that much worse.

Last edited:
You'll be able to do it. No doubt. I don't think I'd just jump off though but that's me. I have never experienced those hellish mental symptoms, but I have noticed that when a lot of time has gone by and I haven't had a dose, my brain feels like mush and I literally can't process. Terrible feeling. It's been a while since I've had that happen. I wonder if keeping a daily intake below say 10g would eliminate withdrawals?