• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom Kratom ingestion methods

medicationmeditation

Greenlighter
So last time I took Kratom I made a tea but took too much and got sick, ended up vomiting. Now the mere smell of it sends shivers down my spine. I'm interested in parachuting (am noob) but I fear the TP will unravel in my throat & I'll end up coughing on the powder, I'm not sure how to secure it or get it down fast. I've considered using a fruit roll up or something like that but it seems so bulky I'm afraid I'll choke trying to get it down. Need someone to give me advice & tell me my fears are irrational.

Yeah, the taste of kratom water is quite repulsive. I used to make tea, but now the smell of it makes me gag.

I have no problem with toss n' wash. You really don't taste it at all if you do it correctly.

Toss and wash. Dump it under your tongue holding your breath and hold it there a second or two to moisturize (that way you don't breath the fine powder in or blow it all over)
Mouthful of water, swish it around, swallow and quickly drink more water. Tastes like dirt. Certainly not a pleasant, but not a strong taste.

Wash and toss was my main method until I realized that the fine powder was irritating the lower part of my esophagus, which greatly increased the nausea. This can be avoided with capsules. Of course, encapsulated kratom costs more per gram, and make your own capsules on a large scale seems like it would be a pain.

Tea is awful when made with the fine powder, but is surprisingly enjoyable when the tea is made with crushed leaf kratom (i.e., not powder, but rather tea-like flakes). The effect is different too, longer lasting and heavier feeling. It also tastes very different than tea made from powder. The crushed leaf tea is actually surprisingly pleasant.

My favorite method of ingestion is to make a concentrated sludge and chase every sip with several gulps of water. That way you get past the flavor quickly while also avoiding the impact of abrasive powder.

I believe the off-putting flavor is a great feedback mechanism for controlling dosage and i wouldn't want to use capsules.

YMMV

I buy kratom in capsules partly to avoid the nasty grittiness but also to make it easier to monitor my dosage. They're slightly more expensive than powder, but not by much.

Attempted a mix and wash. Held it down for about a minute but then threw up. I think I've got a conditioned taste aversion. Going to experiment with capsules and tea from leaves rather than powder.

My favorite method of ingestion is to make a concentrated sludge and chase every sip with several gulps of water. That way you get past the flavor quickly while also avoiding the impact of abrasive powder.

I believe the off-putting flavor is a great feedback mechanism for controlling dosage and i wouldn't want to use capsules.

YMMV
When I dump it under my tongue and then close my mouth and drop my tongue, I let it sit for a second and my saliva moistens it and it turns into a sludge. Goes down in a couple clumps, not a powder.