• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom Kratom hugely effective for Covid symptoms! Not a doctor this is my experience of the past few days

crisler

Bluelighter
I am clean from 7 year tramadol addiction that I tapered and jumped from on Christmas Day 2021. I am still clean and use no substances other than cannabis once a day after work before dinner. I have contracted Covid in the past few days and I’m at the peak of my symptoms now, the body pain is akin to withdrawal symptoms for sure. The aches are worse than the fever and nausea.

I have been taking Tylenol only no other medications to help with fever keep it under 100 but I decided to have my spouse pick up some kratom for me and prepare me 5 grams to take in some vitamin water. It wasn’t horrible but I have a strong stomach.

Last night was the first night I got sleep I took kratom at 8/9pm and finally slept! I then took 4g this morning and still I feel sooo much better it actually helps for pain I want anyone who doesn’t take opioids daily to think of trying kratom for Covid symptoms my body is not twisting anymore! First 24 hour period I have felt great in the past 4 days..

Happy holidays everyone and stay safe!

I am clean from 7 year tramadol addiction that I tapered and jumped from on Christmas Day 2021. I am still clean and use no substances other than cannabis once a day after work before dinner. I have contracted Covid in the past few days and I’m at the peak of my symptoms now, the body pain is akin to withdrawal symptoms for sure. The aches are worse than the fever and nausea.

I have been taking Tylenol only no other medications to help with fever keep it under 100 but I decided to have my spouse pick up some kratom for me and prepare me 5 grams to take in some vitamin water. It wasn’t horrible but I have a strong stomach.

Last night was the first night I got sleep I took kratom at 8/9pm and finally slept! I then took 4g this morning and still I feel sooo much better it actually helps for pain I want anyone who doesn’t take opioids daily to think of trying kratom for Covid symptoms my body is not twisting anymore! First 24 hour period I have felt great in the past 4 days..

Congrats on beating the tramadol addiction. Way to go.

Yeah.....aren't those 40 little alkaloids in kratom wonderful. It isn't just the partial opioid that is so soothing it's also the other 39 pesky little molecules running around in our bloodstream.

Glad you got some relief and some sleep. Speedy recovery from Covid.

Kratom certainly has some potent analgesia. The body pains and headache from covid were awful when I had it.

You probably already know this, but take care with the kratom as to not become addicted to it itself if you've had issues with opioids in the past.

Also, kratom can prevent sleep for a few hours after taking it, maybe consider taking it earlier in the night if it's a problem for you.

I'm glad that you've found some relief from your COVID symptoms. Be very careful with the kratom. I'd honestly recommend just tossing it out. All it's really doing is making you feel better than the COVID is making you feel bad. It isn't helping speed up recovery, just making it more bearable. Some of the alkaloids in Kratom are working on the same receptors that the Tramadol did. Just try not to take it every day. Its a benign seeming plant at first, but addiction with it happens fast; and coming from someone who has been addicted to Morphine and Heroin, the withdrawals from Kratom are awful. For me just as bad of withdrawal as opiates. The physical WD isnt as painful, but the mental WD and cravings from Kratom are absolutely horrible.

I am currently on Suboxone which I was given as a replacement for my Kratom addiction. Now I'm working on trying to hop off of this shit, but so far it's been easier for me to reduce my dose with than it was with Kratom by a long shot.

I wish you a speedy recovery

Don't be surprised if you keep taking the kratom after the Covid goes away. Having been already addicted to opiates you're playing with fire using kratom.

Opiates/opioids/even kratom (potentially an opiate depending on how you look at it lol) always helps sickness discomfort. I remember pre-corona era having the worst flu of my life. It was unbearable but things like kratom/painkillers make you actually feel like you're sober/not sick whatsoever for a minimal time period until the effects lay off > then you feel like death again.

We begin to learn to fear ever being uncomfortable.. EVER.

I was finishing my taper of kratom but I came back to usual doses (6-8gpd) cause I'm now "suffering" the covid thing.
I don't feel right but I don't feel bad either, it's just... shitty feelings. Fortunately I don't have body pains or headache yet, just a feeling of malaise that I dislike so much.
I'm dosing very good things that I've researched during these years:
quercetin+ zinc, artemisia annua, NAC, calamus, kratom, vit D... and some jatamansi tea as neuroprotector. This shit is working, that's for sure.