• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom, Gabapentin, and Vyvanse- best order to quit?

Legally High

Bluelighter
Which of these is easiest to quit first and then focus on second?

-Using all for many months. Quitting because I?m constantly weak and tired even on large doses of vyvanse, even when I keep the other too on low doses. I?ve tried removing each one at a time only to relapse telling myself the other must be easier. Ideally Amphetemine would go first however I can?t get up without it and some kratom. The gabapentin helps later in the day with the crash and to get some sleep. If I take it in the morning I will be a zombie and can?t stay awake at work.

Thanks fellow bluelighters !

I would quit the vyvanse first since the only withdrawal symptom you might experience is low energy and motivation. Gabapentin can help with opiate withdrawal so taper down kratom as needed. How much kratom and gabapentin are you taking and for how long have you been taking them?

Both should be tapered. Especially the gabapentin. It being a gaba drug there is a risk of seizure if stopped suddenly. Taper the kratom if it is too difficult to cold turkey. Out of all of the three drugs mentioned gabapentin is going to be the most difficult to quit based on my own experience with it.

I would drop the vyvanse, then the kratom, and last the gabapentin.

CosmicG has it. stimulant then opiate then benzo is my formula for success. i usually have to get rid of alcohol too, which i drop at the beginning with the stimulant. i don?t know about gabapentin, but drinking while trying to taper off of benzos is no good.

Yes usually I would agree. However the gabapentin makes me hungover and want to sleep all day, and I have to take a ridiculous amount of vhvanse for not much effect. For that reason I may have to quit gabapentin first, unless I can take an extended break from work to be zonked out on gabapentin and no stims.

Edit: but like now I took less gabapentin last night and woke super early yet I?m tired I know I can?t go back to sleep so went ahead and took some vyv. Maybe I?ll go on low sleep for a few days.

My personal experience was quite alike, Pregabalin, Dexamphetamine, Kratom and Cannabinoids. Now anyone is different and you didn't state why your using the first 2. Prescribed or recreational is quite a difference.

With me the first 2 were prescribed. And even after months of taking it daily I somehow dodged withdrawal from Pregabalin. Luckily as I had no idea it was addictive like a true Gabaergic.
First I reduced the Lyrica gradually , it was the least important one to me in terms of effects. Then I tapered Kratom. But whenever I forgot Or didn't take my ADHD med as my motivation was lowered during witdrawal. Often thinking it doesn't matter in the state I am in taking it. But it does, and I am always reminded that ceasing amphetamines has instead of a rough withdrawal a nice feature of it's own. Depression and lethargy two things I don't want to experience during PAWS or withdrawal. So maintaining a therapeutic approach is crucial during this period.

Would I stop Marihuana too, my doc. Then a good thorough plan would be in order. As the use of one drug incourages the use of the others.

But you luckily don't mention quitting weed. So if your situation is like mine first the Gaba, then the Kratom lastly the lisdexamphetamin. But like I said your situation is not totally clear. No dosage indication, how long and why Legally High.

Dosage and length of time used would definitely help anyone reading this to give more specific tips on coming off of the mentioned drugs.

It's also important to understand that no matter which way you decide to go about doing this, it isn't going to be completely painless or uncomfortable. If you are going to quit the gabapentin first then you have to remember how important it is to taper off of it. Stimulants like vyvanse increase your risk of seizing as they lower the seizure threshold. So does kratom for that matter.

Again, if you tell us the dose of each drug it is that you are taking we will have a better understanding of the severity of your situation and can then hopefully give more helpful suggestions.

Default common sense logic would dictate lisdexamp>kratom>gabapentin. My best suggestion would be to make adjustments to allow for this. Sorry man, getting clean requires for sacrifices to be made- hell, that's the whole concept. No one claimed detox/withdrawal to be pleasant.

-PA

gabapentin first absolutely...
Use the other meds to help you because it?s by far the worst withdrawals I?ve experienced And I?ve had benzo,opiate, adrenergic agonists, gabapentin all kinda of withdrawals.

GABA is fucking atrocious. I advise tapering before you even quit

Vyvanse really sucks for me to even take, I only do so for energy. The energy that has been sapped from kratom and gabapentin. And I think the default logic mentioned is correct. Vyvanse being first to go. Then kratom. Then gabapentin. Cutting back over a few days (or more) before stopping each one and moving to the next.

I?m doing terrible, my next plan is to take gabapentin in the morning with a low dose of stims. Perhaps I can sleep through the opiate withdrawals.

I was on methdone over 100mg and I quit cold turkey with kratom, I had no idea at all it was addictive. I went through withdrawals many many times on pills and herion. I have never ever had the horrendous withdrawal symptoms before kratom. Its like nothing I ever experienced. I took it for 7 years I was taking about 50grams per day at one point and did a taper in a month down to 12grams. It didnt matter it was the same withdrawals at 50grams. Its horrible. I have been trying and trying to quit and my vendor where I get the kratom had a glitch when I ordered so I thought it was a sign. I actually got vivanse and gabapentin to quit and I can tell you as a person who used to take a lot of gabapentin and quit cold turkey kratom is worse. I know everybody is different but I am on day 2 of quitting kratom with the help of gabepentin to sleep and the vivanse during the day. I think its a miracle. I am able to help my family do my daily activities ect. Obviously I dont feel amazing but nothing like the normal kratom withdrawals. I would advise anyone to quit kratom first then everything else. If your stuck with only kratom and you quit gabepentin you will be sorry. People dont realize how powerful this stuff is and I imagine they must spray it with chemicals. I plan to only use both vivanse and gabepentin for the next few days. By then God willing the kratom will be out of my system. I know im going to crash eventually but i will take anything but the kratom withdrawals. I actually hallucinated the last time I quit. I felt like I lost my mind, after 5 days it was still terrible and ended up taking the kratom agian. Not this time I threw it all out!! I hope this helps someone

Vyvanse (Lisdexamfetamine) 40mg = 12mg of d-Amphetamine…..3 hour onset / near peak plasma levels. Duration of action 10-14 hours in adult . Complete trash.

Ritalin (Methylphenidate) 40-60mg IR with 3 oz of Ethanol…….Euphoric dopaminergic ecstasy. Extremely pleasurable, happy outgoing mood-boosting effects 45min/1hour full onset. Lasts only 3-4 hours BUT worth it.

Adderall IR & Dexedrine IR are the most desirable/valuable Amphetamines……take any day over street coke.

Desoxyn (d-Methamphetamine) 5mg tablets would be safest, most effective, dopaminergic stimulant only in doses 5-25mg per day. Most euphoric potent stimulant ever synthesized. 1950’s Americans got these like candy. Methedrine 20mg glass ampoules IV injection

Desbutal & Dexamyl
Biphetamine & Methedrine IV
Methylphenidate & Phenmetrazine

God bless USP and pharmaceutical Amphetamines/Opioids/Benzodiazepines