• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom Kratom for withdrawal relief

Smeemsf

Greenlighter
Hi all, I’m sure buried somewhere in here this has been discussed, but after hours of searching I need help as my withdrawals are setting in rapidly. I’ve been on methadone maintenance for roughly 3 yrs now. Bad decision but I was new to the area and wasn’t functioning, but that’s beside the point. I’m now on 20mg a day(took me forever to get there), but the cravings came back and I burned through 4 days early.

Anyway, to my question: Does Kratom extract help relieve or negate withdrawals better than powder(bad side effects from powder lets just say)? Anyone had success completely negating withdrawals through Kratom alone?

20mg/day of methadone is probably a low enough dose for kratom to be able cover to a decent degree. Kratom never fully covers all the symptoms but its usually pretty helpful.

I was a full out opiate addict for two years [2017-2018]. I would use 1x hydromorphone 30mg pill and 1x oxycodone 80mg pill daily during that time. One day, I used as many as 4x hydromorphone 30mg [nasally]. I started quitting in March of 2019. In August of this year, I used 1x 18mg hydromorphone pill the whole month, and last month in September, I used 2x 18mg hydromorphone pills, but only because I had a falling out with the person who was supposed to take the second one [no big loss, lol].

While I still don't consider myself "cured", what I would attribute to getting myself to this point is Xanax and Kratom. Keep in mind that both of these substances can be dependence-forming, and also keep in mind that benzodiazepine [Xanax] withdrawal is said to be MUCH worse....much worse...than opiate withdrawal.

I was able to use 10g of Red or Green Bali Kratom daily for about five days with no withdrawal effects that I can detect - but everyone is different. Where I am in Canada, I know the owner of a THC store, and he has done an AMAZING job sourcing out great stuff.

I can tell you that Kratom has been nothing short of a godsend for me. I really don't want to be on methadone or Suboxone, or even Naltrexone [I was prescribed it, but haven't picked it up yet]. And it appears like I will get my wish. If I continue to use once a month - that's fine. Probably even optimal, to be honest. My years of using in moderation [about once per seven weeks] were much better than my years of abstinence. And I think it's nice to have something to celebrate with.

Also, as a recovering addict, I don't think jumping straight to a year of sobriety is the way to go. But who knows? I'll have to figure that out as time goes on. I'm just happy to be sitting here, a full six days after I last used 1mg of Suboxone, and 13 days since I last used any methadone, and be feeling perfectly fine.

Right I never felt anything from kratom in methadone acute. I did feel the stimulant though. I would be curious about the extract too. I know I wouldn't feel anything now either since my receptors are fried. Need more time.

So I went to the only place around here I’d halfway trust and got some extract. It completely wiped all but a light depression for 3 hrs. Trying to hold out and see when severe symptoms kick back in, as I’m 99% ready to be done with the methadone but honestly will never be able to allow a full rabbit hole of withdrawal to ruin my life I have now. Will update. Definitely easier on the stomach and digestive so far.