• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

kratom for subutex withdrawal is just as bad

jock briton

Bluelighter
well i have been on kratom for 16 days i tried to come off it yesterday and do the rattle as i heard that it wasnt as bad as normal opiate withdrawal and the truth is i was really bad i got about 6 hours in and i was ill as f,,k,i dont want to go back on the subs but at the same time i cant keep doseing kratom every 3 to 4 hours,their is no silver bullet for withdrawal is their?iv heard high dose vitamin c might help has anyone done that yet and beat the withdrawal to the nd? let me know if you have guys as i might try that next

That is because you are carrying over much of the suboxen withdrawal too. Whenever I tried using kratom to come off opiates the withdrawal is way worse than when I start as a virgin. Must have something to do with keeping the extra receptors filled. But I agree, it has to be done in increments and tapering is needed.

I would go back to kratom, but not do it every 3-4 hours. That makes it difficult. Try and go every 8 hours, or twice during the day, squirm a little in between. But that is your body adjusting. I would for sure go back, but put time in between so your body can heal and adjust. There was one time I tapered kratom and did not use it to come off anything but a clean start and had almost no withdrawal. Then there was the time I took it to get off poppy tea and the withdrawal sucked. So the notion that it holds over original addiction must have some validity to it. At least that is the conclusion I came too.

Good luck Jock. If you have gabapenting or pregabalin that will help. Feel good about being off the suboxen because I understand that is an ordeal. I never did suboxen. Methadone yes but not suboxen. Both are hard so cut yourself some slack.

people tend to not realize the opioid that kratom is.

i went through a year long kratom addiction, withdrawal lasted months before I finally felt the restlessness start to go away. I was miserable.