• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom for Methadone Tapering Withdrawal

HerbsQuit

Bluelighter
Hi, i have a stray cat who is on methadone 35ml. Her clinic however is going to close soon and so she wants to taper since the next available closest clinic is in another city.
She been wondering though, will she feel anything or will Kratom tea helps her with Methadone pain?
Can you even drink Kratom while on Methadone, as in, won't the Methadone blocks it?
Has anyone tried this? Thanks.

Hey, firstly welcome to bluelight, a place where we don't swim or have stray cats. It doesn't protect you in any way and makes your posts more difficult to read.

As for the question, I don't believe that kratom is strong enough to help at this point. You can try but I would utilize kratom once I decide to jump from lower doses of methadone. Hang around cause you could get different answers from people with experience with kratom for methadone withdrawal. Take care!

Cold turkey from 35mg will be pretty bad. I was once on 380mg/day and tapered off to 5mg then quit and i was shocked how bad it was. Then again i was really coming off of 380mg/day not 5mg/day. That debt had to be paid off eventually (although i did my best to defer the interest).

Kratom isn't strong enough for this. You might consider finding a suboxone prescriber and taper off of that.

Okay so I was in a clinic for 2 years an I decided around October 2020 I wanted off so I started stock piling my methadone well I ended up leaving clinic on my in beginning March. I was self administering my does after researching an I was only taking it every three days well I turn 30 this month an I wanted to be done so I flushed the remaining 1000mgs i had I have no clue exactly what I was on im thinking 50mgs from 120mgs mgs . So I heard about krat9m back in 2013 when trying to come off a hefty IV heroin addiction it wasn't big where I am from so it wasn't around then I started hearing more an more so I went an got some kind called red thai on June 5th u started the kratom as it had been about 4 days since my last does of methadone. at first it took me a bit to find the correct does for me I was averaging 2-3 grams every 4-5 hours for first 3 days now I dropped to a gram or two depending every 7 hours. But as I'm rearing the end of this hell of a detox I say that as I have cold turkey quit methadone 2 other times with nothing to help me through it just laid there in my.misery for 2-3 weeks

Now I've been trying to find an answer does anyone know if ill have withdrawals from the kratom if I take it untill the 15th of June. I'd perfer not as im a single mom an I can't really be a mom in WDs. Plus my birthday id like to have fun an not have another thing weighing me down hint why I stopped the methadone I felt like I was still getting high but legally .... sorry if long an rambling

Okay so I was in a clinic for 2 years an I decided around October 2020 I wanted off so I started stock piling my methadone well I ended up leaving clinic on my in beginning March. I was self administering my does after researching an I was only taking it every three days well I turn 30 this month an I wanted to be done so I flushed the remaining 1000mgs i had I have no clue exactly what I was on im thinking 50mgs from 120mgs mgs . So I heard about krat9m back in 2013 when trying to come off a hefty IV heroin addiction it wasn't big where I am from so it wasn't around then I started hearing more an more so I went an got some kind called red thai on June 5th u started the kratom as it had been about 4 days since my last does of methadone. at first it took me a bit to find the correct does for me I was averaging 2-3 grams every 4-5 hours for first 3 days now I dropped to a gram or two depending every 7 hours. But as I'm rearing the end of this hell of a detox I say that as I have cold turkey quit methadone 2 other times with nothing to help me through it just laid there in my.misery for 2-3 weeks

Now I've been trying to find an answer does anyone know if ill have withdrawals from the kratom if I take it untill the 15th of June. I'd perfer not as im a single mom an I can't really be a mom in WDs. Plus my birthday id like to have fun an not have another thing weighing me down hint why I stopped the methadone I felt like I was still getting high but legally .... sorry if long an rambling

Yes you'll experience withdrawal from kratom if you stop it (just like any opioid). But those doses are low.

The problem is, if its been only 4 days since you stopped the methadone you have a long road ahead of you unfortunately. Day 9 or 10 is the worse, and the acute withdrawal lasts around 21 days.

If you can, acquire some pregabalin and loperamide. Tapering off kratom with the aid of pregabalin, and possibly dextromethorphan (or, if already on it, any SSRI), isn't too painful in my experience and I was on 600mg/d morphine and 60mg/d methadone respectively. Buprenorphine isn't too bad either, it can be a step within but when you're already on kratom it shouldn't be necessary.

Thank you an ya I've done the methadone detox twice before this so its my third time. What are the kratom withdrawals like ? At this point im just low energy when waking up an also my skin is that crawling prickly feeling an honestly nothing else not really any other symptoms which is crazy to me. See i don't want to go any further with anything else I cut the krarom down again now its just morning less than a gram mid day less than a gram an then midnight I take less than a gram. I have 3.5 grams of dabs anni think ill save that for when I come off the kratom. I just dont want to be dependent on the kratom I want to be off everything for the first time in 14 years.

I can stop 12mg of methadone and use around 3-5g kratom every 4-9 hours and basically eliminate 80% of withdrawl symptoms. I can sleep.
And, if I am doing something the time goes by pretty damn easy.
I just went 144 hours without methadone. It was basically pretty easy.
I just get from local smoke shop. njoy yellow borneo. works for me!

35 mg is almost 3x higher than me, but at the very least kratom should minimize your most extreme withdrawl symptoms. If you try it out, let us know how it works for you.