• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

KRATOM: First Time Use & Questions For Later

DEADPOOLx23

Bluelighter
So i am about to cut down my prescribed oxycodone use and give my body a break and time to recover for a while. I have some suboxone left but i kind of hate it as it always seems to make me feel crappy overall so i decided to finally give Kratom a try.To get through the first few days i ordered some Red Borneo and some Red Bali for its pain relief and sedative properties as i feel i dont want stimulant effects during the first few days coming off of oxy.First off, any suggestions on how much to take and how many times per day during the first few days coming off the Oxy should I use? I did order some 0 (500 mg) Caps in case i cant deal with the taste of the Kratom.Secondly, once the first few days of oxy wd is over which TYPES of Kratom do you think are best for Evwry Day use for things like Mood boost, clean energy, pain relief, mild euphoria i suppose wpuldnt hurt. I am trying to pick something that i can take to give me a good positive mood to workout and stuff like that but then i also need something to help me sleep at night.Are any of these "enhanced extracts" worth it or are they a joke? I also read that RED strains are best for sedative properties but then tonight i read that a GREEN EMERALD MALAYSIAN strain is GREAT for Euphoria and Sedation/Relaxation?Im really just trying to figure out the best combo to put together for once i get through coming off Oxy this weekend so that i can STAY off and still get some positive day to day effects, not needing to "get high" every day but have some improved traits for euphoria, clean energy and then relaxation and sleep.Thanks forntrying to help me process all the information ive been reading about in my searches!-DEADPOOL

Yeah, I'm going to move it there.

Anyway, how much oxycodone were you taking? I switched from 2mg of buprenorphine a day to kratom with basically no problem, I actually got more euphoria from the kratom then I did from the Bupe. If I were to do it over again though, knowing what I know now, I wouldn't have taken as high dosages of kratom as I did at first (high being 10+g's), because it's basically unnecessary. I would start off with a couple grams, and if that doesn't get you where you want to be add an additional gram or two. It's really not the kind of drug where if you double the dose you'll get double the effects. I used to take huge dosages by parachuting it with toilet paper, and then I switched to huge dosages with tea, and then when I was running low on my stash I switched to small dosages of T&W, and realized how much I had been wasting with the tea, and how much probably didn't get absorbed when rapped in tissue, because by using T&W I literally went from blowing through 14g's in a sitting with tea to 2-4g when I started doing the T&W. I still like making the tea, it hits a lot faster and the effects are slightly different, but to maintain I've just been taking a teaspoon or two in a sitting (which is about 2g per TSP), and usually dose a couple times a day. The whole things kind of a learning curve when it comes to dosing. The one thing you don't want to experience, which I had the misfortune of doing to myself many times, was taking too much kratom, because unlike traditional opiates, a kratom overdose feels more like a caffeine overdose with horrible nausea. The whole thing about higher dosages being more sedating is true, but only to a point.

I still dont understand the different forum subsections, other drugs or basic drug or whatever....not sure the difference when there are like 20 kratom threads in OD section...confusing...

Anyways, i have been taking 150 to 300mg ed for a while but am going to drop that down for a few days before starting the kratom. Id rather use the kratom first before deciding on if i need to use any of my subs because subs just make me feel crappy overall.

I was figuring starting with 5gs and then just small g or 2 redoses as needed tovget through the first few days coming off and then after 4 or 5 days dropping down to normal smaller daily doses for the positive benefits as needed. Im hoping to not do the subs or just to micro doses on the back end if needed for whatever reason but i hope not to.

I already had 1000 size 0 caps delivered for 500mg each incase i cant take the taste also.